FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router - WiFi not showing up on any devices

Feebaldwin
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I had my talk talk fibre installed today. The router turns on and has a white light as if it’s connected to the internet. But there is no wifi network with its name on any of my devices, so I am unable to connect to it. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Feebaldwin
First Timer
Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie,

I have just set up the new router and it’s working! Thanks so much for sending the replacement.

Sophie

Message 3 of 9

Hi Feebaldwin

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Feebaldwin
First Timer
Message 4 of 9

Good morning @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Yes I have tried resetting twice but still unfortunately nothing is showing up! 

Thank you

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 9

Hi Feebaldwin

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you tried a factory reset? If you are still experiencing this fault then I will send a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

Yep, you would have to use a device that was connected to the router using an ethernet cable to be able to log into the router if the Wi-Fi is not working.

If you don't have a device you can connect 'wired' then you could just try a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds, just to see if that helps.

Feebaldwin
First Timer
Message 7 of 9

Thanks. Unfortunately when I try to put that link in my browser I am unable to open it. I think this is because I can’t connect to the wifi network as it is not showing up. I suppose I’ll speak to the team tomorrow! Thanks 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Feebaldwin,

Can you browse to http://192.168.1.1/ and log into the router. Once logged in can you check to see if the Wi-Fi network name is showing as the one you are expecting, and check if the Wi-Fi is showing as enabled or disabled, if it is disabled then try to enable it, if it still won't enable then try doing a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds. If it is still disabled then it may be that you have a faulty router, the staff here would be able to help with that when they are back tomorrow.

0 Likes