FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router flashing orange on live day forever

Forgetless
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

I signed up to join and put in my details. In our new house they have a virgin phone socket so I thought I would use that access point and not need an engineer or new cables put in.

Still nothing changed and hub flashing orange, what should I do?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Forgetless

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the first available appointment - 13/10 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Forgetless

I've sent you a Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 3 of 15

Hi Forgetless

Would you like me to go ahead and arrange an engineer visit? I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Ferguson you are right

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 15

@Debbie-TalkTalk I believe the problem here is that the customer ordered a service from TalkTalk on the assumption that there was already a line connected to an Openreach socket at the premises, but it seems that there is not, just a Virgin Media socket. 

Message 6 of 15

Hi Forgetless

This will just be to check if the line is active and if this is a fault with the BB connection.

Could you dial 17070 from the line and confirm if your landline number is read back to you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

I don't actually have a house phone, I suppose I could borrow one. IF I do that - what does

1. A dial tone mean
2.No dial tone mean

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Forgetless

Thank you. Can I just check, if you connect a phone at this socket do you hear a dialtone?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

I've updated it now

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 15

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 15

What service did you order from TalkTalk? Did you say that you needed a new line installed? I think you are going to have to contact them again to get things sorted properly. 

0 Likes

Forgetless
First Timer
Message 12 of 15

It's definitely virgin, how do I book an OpenReach engineer to come and sort out the socket issue, I cant find any way to book an appointment.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 15

Virgin Media have their own separate network and sockets which are incompatible with other providers. Which service did you sign up for from TalkTalk? You will need either a BT Openreach phone socket, or direct fibre cabling with an ONT.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 14 of 15

If the service you have ordered comes over the phone line you need a BT Openreach line and socket.

What does the socket look like ?

Add a picture using the camera icon.

0 Likes