FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router lost in transit, need to connect old router

AmyGG
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I switched from Shell Broadband to TalkTalk Fibre 65 today. The TT router was lost by Yodel so I am trying to connect to the internet using my old Shell router (Technicolor DGA0122).

According to https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383 it is not necessary to enter a username and password. However, when I go to the Technicolor settings to blank out my Shell login details it will not let me proceed as I get the error 'String cannot be empty'. I have tried doing a factory reset on my router.

I have been on chats with TalkTalk multiple times and getting nowhere. Any assistance gratefully appreciated. I am going on holiday tomorrow and need the internet up and running for alarm, CCTV and smart devices.

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

OK, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

AmyGG
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

The router has arrived. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for updating your profile. Could you please also add your account number to the private notes section of your Community profile, so that we can locate your account on our systems

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

AmyGG
First Timer
Message 4 of 7

Profile updated. Please note that TT is refusing to send me out a replacement router because they do not believe that Yodel has lost it. It was posted last Wednesday and due to arrive last Friday. I am now on my second day without Internet. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi AmyGG,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

AmyGG
First Timer
Message 6 of 7

Update: I found the number 0870 0875 562 online and called that to get my TT username/password. I entered it into the router settings but still could not connect.

0 Likes