FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router not connecting

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 36 of 36

Hi

I've just joined fibre and tried to set up my new router today which is the start date. It has been on for 3 houra now and the light on the front is still flashing orange and white. I've looked on the router set up page on the website and I've followed everything and it hasn't helped at all. 

Could you please help me get this sorted? Thanks

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 1 of 36

Hi

Glad all is working.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 2 of 36

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, I have been at work all day.

Thank you for all of your help, I have come home to a static white light 🥳

Message 3 of 36
0 Likes

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 4 of 36

Hi Michelle 

Yeah sure, I'll give that another try.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've completed a radius re-sync. Could you try powering down the Wifi Hub for a full 30 minutes and then try and re-connect again please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 6 of 36

Morning

Disappointingly no change over the weekend. My sky router works perfectly but the TT WiFi hub is still just showing a static Amber light.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. How are you getting on since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 8 of 36

Great, thank you for you help and advice. I will try the service centre again and see what happens. If not, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Cheers

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 36

Ok, so the fact that it has made it past the flashing amber/white and got to static amber would probably indicate that the router has successfully synced, but it is not able to authenticate onto the TalkTalk network.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line as occasionally this can give things a kick and allow the router to authenticate.

If that doesn't help (or it it detects some issue) the staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 10 of 36

Hi

I received my new router today, set it up and it's reacting very differently to the old one but still no luck.

The old one constantly and rapidly flashed orange and white/blue. This new one flashes Amber, then flashes Amber and white alot slower than the old one and now it is just a static Amber. 

I have done a factory reset, turned off for 30 minutes and disconnected all the wires and reconnected them and the exact same has happened. It has now been on static Amber for 40 minutes with no change.

Could you help me please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 36
0 Likes

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 12 of 36

Ok, thabk you Debbie.

I'll be in touch in a few days

Message 13 of 36

Hi Kennytheviking

Thanks for trying this. I have a different router on the way for you.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 14 of 36

Hi Debbie 

I've just completed the factory reset and plugged it all back in and it's still flashing white and Amber.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 36

Hi Kennytheviking

The fibre order has completed. Could I just ask if you can factory reset the WIFI hub using the pin hole reset for ten seconds and then try and connect again with this router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 16 of 36

I'm asking because Chris asked earlier if I had another router I could test with. I have plugged my sky router back in and it works. So I was wondering if it hadn't been changed over to fibre at the cabinet yet and that may be a reason for the problem with the new TT hub?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 36

Hi Kennytheviking

To use a non TT router, further information can be found here 

Set up a non-TalkTalk router

The WIFI hub will work fine with a fibre connection. Would you prefer to try and set up your own router first before we send a replacement for testing?

In regards to the cabinet, the engineer completes work to change the connection over from ADSL to fibre.

0 Likes

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 18 of 36

If you think that the issue is the router then yes.

Does something need to happen at the cabinet to change from normal broadband to fibre broadband? Or are all routers capable of using both no matter their age? I'm only asking as my sky router that works is 7 years old. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 36

Hi Kennytheviking

Would you like me to send another TalkTalk router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Kennytheviking
Participant
Message 20 of 36

It's a Sky router. Model: SR102

The one you sent was the WiFi hub

0 Likes