FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New talktalk hub problems

Smifo
Participant
Message 38 of 38

Hi all

I go fibre broadband about 6 months ago approx. Great for a few months, then very slow and constantly disconnecting from the Internet. Had openreach out n it was apparently the router. Received a new router, great for a month or two, now very slow and dropping out a lot. 

Is there any issue with the new sagemcom 'game changer' hub? Are other people experiencing problems like this? 

Any feedback much appreciated.

Cheers 

Ian

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Hi Smifo

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 38

Hi

Btor engineer just left. Rewire sorted it. 

Now getting over 20.

Many thanks 

Smifo

0 Likes

Message 3 of 38

Hi Smifo,

I've received confirmation from our network team that the engineer visit is booked for 05/03/2019 AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 38

Thanks for the PM, I've passed on your availability to our network team. We'll let you know when we receive confirmation of the date and time slot booked

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 38

Hi Smifo,

I've been advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 38

Hi Smifo,

Thanks for confirming this. I've requested an update now and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 38

Hi Michelle 

No I haven't received anything from BT as yet.

Cheers 

Smifo

0 Likes

Message 8 of 38

Hi Smifo,

Have you received any further updates since your last post? If not then we'll request an update now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 38

Will do. Not heard from BT as yet. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 38

Hi Smifo

Please can you post back on this thread on Monday and we can check for further updates from BT Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 38

OK great thanks. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 38

Hi Smifo,

I've now received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 38

Hi Smifo,

Thanks for trying this. I've passed the intermittent connection and slow speed over to our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 38

Bump

0 Likes

Message 15 of 38

Hi again. 

Tried the new router, and no better I'm afraid. In fact the replacement Huawei was consistently slightly lower than the Sagemcom (4.7 rather than 5.2), so I've swapped it back.

I've checked all I can now within the house. 

Cheers 

Ian

0 Likes

Message 16 of 38
0 Likes

Message 17 of 38
Will do Debbie. Thanks again.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 38

Hi Ian

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 38

That'd be great Debbie thank you. I appreciate your help. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 38

Hi Ian

I can send a HG633 router for testing, would you me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes