FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to fibre 65 and the minimum isn't even met at all

IsaacGarton
First Timer
Message 13 of 13

I just bought fibre 65 and activated it today I'm getting less than 2 mbs download speed which is not at all what I was guaranteed by a large margin, I can't even access My account on the talktalk website because it keeps saying my email address isn't valid even after I've gone through registration multiple times. Why am I spending this money when I'm not even getting the Internet I was guaranteed? 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi IsaacGarton

It's no problem, I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

If you add the details then I can still take a look at your connection for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

IsaacGarton
First Timer
Message 2 of 13

I appreciate the replies I was acting impatiently, I'll go look for my talk talk landline and then wait for a message from the engineer and the stabilisation period to end before I come back to this forum if I continue to have issues but I appreciate the quick responses. The service started today and I should get a message from the engineer about it all I assume its still getting set up and I was being incredibly impatient.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Thanks @martswain, sorry I missed that bit.

@IsaacGarton  If you have your TalkTalk account number then please can you add this to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

@Debbie-TalkTalk they cannot log in, they also have an issue with My Account as per their first post.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 13

@IsaacGarton if you have a service over the phone line you MUST have number allocated to your service.

It will be in your order confirmation and you should check it is correct by plugging in a handset and dialing 17070 or calling it from your mobile.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi IsaacGarton

If you log into My Account then your landline number will show there. This is so we can locate your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 7 of 13

@IsaacGarton in that case you are not connected to a Fibre 65 service but basic Fast Broadband.

If you have only just gone live as a new service today then maybe all the external work has not been completed.

Have you actually had notification that your Fibre 65 service is "live"

Is the phone service working and correct, dial tone and 17070 Check ?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

I'm not using or have a Talktalk telephone number it's just my personal one

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi IsaacGarton

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

It's showing as ADSL+2

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

martswain
Philosopher
Message 12 of 13

@IsaacGarton 

Is your phone working normally ?

If you dial 17070 do you get a readback of the correct number ?

Please put your allocated number in your community profile along with your name and alternative number.

If you log into your router does the connection show as VDSL/VDSL2+ ?

If it is showing as ADSL the fibre connection has not been correctly made at the cabinet.