FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New wifi hub router - Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP Configuration

ryan1111
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

New wifi hub router recently arrived two days ago, when I swapped it out for my previous talktalk router I have been unable to connect via Ethernet (wifi works)

I have troubleshooted my network and it shows "Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP Configuration"

I have tried ipconfig/release + renew when comes up with "dhcp server unable to contact : timed out"

I have then tried ipconfig/flush dns + ipconfig/registerdns

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my network adapters

Updated all windows setting 

checked DHCP is running

reset my network

reset my router 

reset my pc

and still no sign of an Ethernet connection, please help 

Ryan
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

It seems that you have deleted your last post.

Why have you got a WAN port connected to a switch? The switch will only work when connected to a LAN port.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

you said that all devices in the house are having the problem.. how are you running the network? are they all wired directly to the router or are you running a server off the router and using that as a DHCP server for the other machines? 

I'd make sure you've not got a static IP address from the previous router, then try with a static IP to make sure there's connectivity over a wired connection, then check there's nothing set to disable DCHP or even the LAN ports, on the new router. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

I don't know why you don't get the option to uninstall the driver, are you logged on in an Administrator account?

I don't recall you saying that there were multiple PCs affected by this. I will ask the OCEs to investigate.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

I am running windows 10

With this issue effecting all ethernet devices in the house, would it be unprobeable that one pc would cause the issue / be able to fix the issue? wouldn't the issue lay within the router since its the central hub?  

Ryan
0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

What version of Windows are you running then?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Still no Ethernet connection to any device in the house, WiFi is working fine. Any ideas on how I can get it working? 

Ryan
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

ryan1111_0-1596466044655.png

I don't have the option to do that when I select properties > drivers > uninstall driver 

Ryan
0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

If you right click the adapter & select Properties

Go to the Driver tab & click Uninstall Device, then in the next window put a tick against Delete the driver software for this device.

Delete Driver.png

Finally right click the network adapters section & select Scan for hardware changes.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

ryan1111_0-1596464645948.png

I can uninstall and reinstall if thats what you meant, cant see anything that says remove driver?

Ryan
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Can you try removing the driver, it should be part of removing the adapter from Device Manager but you do have to request this? This is the action that resolved it on my PC.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter, im unsure if I did the the driver. 

ryan1111_0-1596460099108.png

I have also tried updating the network adapter as well. 

Ryan
0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Did you try what I suggested?

If you include any more screenshots, please make sure that the size in the Insert Photos tool is set to large. Your command line extract is way too small, when I try to enlarge it the text is totally blurred.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

ryan1111_0-1596454608558.png

Still getting stuck here on the ipconfig/renew

I have tired to stop and start the DHCP server in services- 

ryan1111_1-1596454676050.png

I have changed the permissions for access in regedit for DHCP and Tcpip but I still cant stop it and start it. 

ryan1111_2-1596454730040.png

Ryan
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

I did have a similar problem a few weeks back, when you uninstalled & reinstalled the adapter, did you remove the drivers as part of this?

Alternatively, when you ran the troubleshooter if you let it fix it, it will reset the network adapter.

You could try some of the suggestions here:-

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-regain-internet-access-after-installing-update-windows-10#reset_n...

Keith