FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection for Nearly 1 Week

RWard6891
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

I have had no internet connection for nearly a week now and unclear what it being done to sort. I spent nearly 7 hours on web chat with 3 members of staff over Thursday and Friday last week running several tests and being told all was fine, despite me repeatedly saying I could connect to the WiFi but could not stream, download or access web pages. I was advised on Friday that this was being passed to a network team who would be in touch, though heard nothing and still without internet. Can someone advise if you are having this issue? I am presuming this would fall under the automatic daily compensation payment due to lack of internet? Thank you

Richard Ward
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi RWard6891,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems with your service. The router that you currently have connected doesn't have the latest firmware version so I'm updating it now, it should complete in a few minutes. Once the update is complete could you please retest and let us know if there's any difference

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

So spent another couple of hours (this has to be over 10 hours now in total on web chat) with no resolution. The chat was ended with the advisor saying it could be that my devices are not connected properly. When I asked that surely if they are showing as connected to WiFi and partial webpages are loading, some not and no streaming apps are working on phone, tablet or television then surely this isn’t a device connection issue? Have to ring engineers tomorrow else risk paying £40. At a loss!

Richard Ward
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Appears to have made no difference, just switched the router off for 20 minutes to see if that sorts. Getting very frustrated with this now

Richard Ward
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hello,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi there that is correct wired didn’t work either. I can see a new router has been sent so I will give that a go later and report back if resolves the issue. Thank you

Richard Ward
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you also unable to connect if you connect wired?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9
Hi there, all lights are green and tried the test socket but made no difference unfortunately. I don’t have a landline connected either. Hopefully can get some answers soon, thank you for the reply

All tests that I do suggest it is a healthy connection but it really isn’t sadly.
Richard Ward
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @RWard6891,

What light(s) do you have showing on the router ?

You may have already done these checks as part of the web chat, but if not....

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.