FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet. DNS not connecting

rgbargey
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I have the Sagecom FAST 5346 router with Firmware  version SG4K10002816t. I believe I now have the same DNS problem as many others on the forum. I'm having frequent "No Internet" messages on some or all  of my devices, mostly affecting wireless devices, but occasionally my wired devices too. Rebooting my router sorts the problem temporarily, but then it recurs. I have tried a factory reset, and setting the Primary & Secondary DNS Servers to Google DNS addresses, which has reduced the problem slightly, but I am still getting frequent DNS Name Resolution Failures in the Error Log. The option to change my router's Primary Server away from 192.168.1.1 to directly access TT Servers is not changeable on my GUI. My line is fine (great WiFi signal strength and solid 53Mb/s download speed). When I borrowed another customers Huawei router it was faultless in my home (albeit with very slightly reduced speed and signal strength). I think my router has developed a hardware fault or hardware/firmware interaction fault, but as it shows up "good" from your end, I have been unable to get this problem resolved via chat.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Firmware has now been updated to the latest version.

I'm also sending you a PM 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

rgbargey
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Hi Karl, For info all is well so far after firmware update.

Thanks for swift resolution.

Regards RGB

0 Likes

rgbargey
First Timer
Message 3 of 8

Hi Debbie, Very many thanks for the updated firmware, which has gone in OK.

Hope this does the trick!

Best Regards RGB

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi

I'll push the firmware now, should take around 10 minutes.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

rgbargey
First Timer
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Skynet_TX for advice and Debbie (TT) for offering updated firmware,

I'll be happy to receive a firmware update at any time. It won't cause a problem for me.

Regards RGB

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi rgbargey

Apologies for this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @rgbargey,

If you are trying to change the 192.168.1.1 DNS option in the router GUI, but it is not editable, then you can probably fix that by going into the other screen where you have changed the DNS to Google DNS and set that back to 'Automatic', once that has been done the 192.168.1.1 should hopefully become editable.

If you change that 192.168.1.1 to the TalkTalk DNS servers :

Primary : 79.79.79.79
Secondary : 79.79.79.80

Then that will probably resolve your issues (you will need to either reboot your router, or all of your devices after saving that change, so that the devices all pick up the new settings).

A newer firmware version is being rolled out at the moment that fixes this problem, so that version will hopefully get installed on your router soon. Alternatively when the support team here return on Monday they may be able to push the new version to your router.

It is only a good idea to change the 192.168.1.1 DNS setting if you have a fairly simple home setup (i.e. just devices that need to access the internet), if you have devices that need to talk to each other and rely on your router to provide local DNS for the devices to find each other, then trying this workaround is probably not appropriate, as it may stop those devices from being able to see each other.

0 Likes