FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet--Talk Talk Black Router

DEGSY541
Conversation Starter
Message 41 of 41

Have constant Amber light on router, have reset router, and left off for 30 minutes, line test says Internet connection is OK. to master socket. If correct, and my router is connected to master socket, I suspect the talk talk new Black router is faulty. Is it possible to send another black router out to me ASAP. to try?

thank you.

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 1 of 41

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Sometimes the sync speed can vary slightly between routers. How has the overall performance of the connection been?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 41

hi-no dropouts,been around constant 45 mbps.down and 11.7 mbps. --but never as good as before old router went faulty(used to be around 53mbps. down)--but now it is still a few mbps. above minimum guarantee(connected at test socket)

0 Likes

Message 3 of 41

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the connection has been over the last few days?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 41

Hi DEGSY541

Ahh ok no problem 🙂

Would you like me to check in again with you on Monday?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 41

hi debbie-yes its been re-booted--had to wire in mains doorbell,so switched off all power to house--will leave router on now,will see if dlm. will increase it.

Message 6 of 41

Hi DEGSY541

I've checked the connection stats again and the line is now in sync at 45.8mb.

Has the router been rebooted?

Message 7 of 41

Hi DEGSY541

I will also check the connection stats again on Friday to see if DLM has made any further changes.

Thanks

Message 8 of 41

OK. thanks, Debbie. 

Message 9 of 41

Hi DEGSY541

Thanks for your reply.

DLM may still increase the speed if the connection remains stable.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 41

Hi Debbie,

Yes speed has been OK. and no dropouts, bit lower than it used to be(53 mbps). Talk talk guaranteed speed is 42 mbps. so can't really complain. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 41

Hi DEGSY541

I can see that DLM has now increased the speed to 46mb.

How have you found the connection/speed?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 41
0 Likes

Message 13 of 41

yes,ok. will do debbie,thanks.

Message 14 of 41

Hi DEGSY541

Thanks for your reply.

I will check the connection stats again next Monday, will this be ok?

Please can you keep the router powered up without being rebooted?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 41

hi-- then leave it for now as its above my guaranteed minimum speed-will keep a watch on it-dont want to be charged if speed is ok.

will see if it increases in next week or two.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 41

Hi DEGSY541

Thanks for confirming your details.

Your minimum guaranteed speed is showing as 42.1mb and the line is in sync at just under 45mb.

I can arrange the engineer visit but the engineer may not reset DLM if they believe the speed is above the minimum range already.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 41

Hi DEGSY541

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 41

Yes please Debbie not happy now with speeds,he can call anytime today or tomorrow or Wednesday after 10.am.

thanks.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 41

Hi DEGSY541

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 41

hi-yes mean a dlm re-set,speeds  used to be a constant 53 mbps. download and 13 mbps. upload,its the download speed thats dropped quite a lot,youve tested line and thats all ok,so assume line needs tweaking or dlm. re-set.Dont want to pay for this as I havent created fault etc.thanks.Its all started since old sagecom black router failed last week.

0 Likes