FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet

shaundonnelly01
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi, my internet went down 9 days ago. I ran the online test and this was the result. 

"We’ve run a test and found a problem between the exchange and your home which needs an Openreach Engineer to fix.

We have booked the engineer who will be sent to fix the fault. You don't need to be at home and we will update you once they have completed the job.

We are working as fast as we can to fix the problem. It should be resolved in 2-3 working days."

How long should I wait before churning the service and moving across to cable?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi shaundonnelly01

Openreach have now provided the below update.

This fault is part of a major service outage, 208 lines are affected. The engineers are already working to resolve this fault. Further updates should be available on 01/10/2021

I'm really sorry for the delays. This is in hand with Openreach and they are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

shaundonnelly01
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie,

It seems strange that my phone line is working perfectly for calls but no Internet?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi shaundonnelly01

We are still waiting on updates from Openreach so I have requested additional information and I will post back as soon as I receive this information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi shaundonnelly01

This fault is still in hand with Openreach. I will check on this fault later this afternoon for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

shaundonnelly01
First Timer
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Karl,

How many weeks do you anticipate "2-3 working days" to be?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi shaundonnelly01

The issue is still in hand with Openreach. There is an outage on the openreach side and your line is affected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

After 30 days, if it's not sorted, you can arrange to leave without penalty, @shaundonnelly01.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.