FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Line Sync - until modem reboots overnight

GeoDeka
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I started having issues over the weekend, with no line sync (Amber light flashing), switched to the master (test) socket and the same issue kept repeating itself after a very painful hour with the support chat they booked a BrightSpark engineer to come out (believing it was an issue in my house which I guarantee it's not, nothing has changed) however it had just started working again the next day.

Next day internet was up fine, until I decided to clean up the area and put the cover back on the socket and plug into the normal socket. Did that no sync.
Plugged back into the test socket, still no sync. Wake up today and the internet is magically on again.

Logging into the router it shows that it was rebooted at 2:35am at which point it sync'ed and internet has been up since then.

The issue being why am I only getting sync when TalkTalk force reboots the router?

Decided to come here first, because TalkTalk chat will just want to make my bash my head against a wall.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes to rule this out as a voice fault can affect the broadband connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Chris,

I don't have a physical phone and therefore never use the line. So I don't know.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Chris,

It has been stable, but I'm sure if I reboot/disconnect then I won't connect again until overnight.

Not ideal.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi GeoDeka,

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with your service. Line  test is passing but does show some reconnections. How has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes