FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Master Phone Socket

Akmal73
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I ordered Fibre 35 on 23rd of June after moving to my new flat. Unfortunately, my new place did not have a master phone socket installed. I got the welcome package and I got notified on 5th of july that my fibre is now live. I talked to the building administration and they said the company engineer would install it for me. 

1627326511309.jpg

Note that I'm new to the country and I have no idea how the phone/modem lines work and who to go to for my issue. I contacted TalkTalk helpline and booked an engineer appointment. They said an engineer will arrive between 8pm and 1pm but he never showed up. I contacted them again and this time I experienced one of the longest helpline queue waits. By the time I got through the person took another half an hour to understand my situation. I couldn't follow through with so many waiting times because I have a busy schedule. So I dropped it off.

I received a bill from TalkTallk which I didn't think was fair for me to pay because I had not received any service yet, the responsibility for which lies on TalkTalk's engineer department. 
Two weeks later, I received an email today from TalkTalk which said they will report me to a credit reference agency for not paying the bill. 

What should I do in this case? Is there any other way to book an engineer appointment without the godawful helpline this company has? What do I do about the bill payment which I'm definitely not going to pay because I never used their service? (I'm sure they can monitor my usage to verify) 

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hello,

Thanks for checking. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit. Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via PM (Private Message only)

Thanks

0 Likes

Akmal73
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. I'm pretty sure it's the only one because 1) it's right next to the main door and 2) I've looked everywhere, the rooms only have TV sockets.

Updated my TalkTalk phone number on my profile as well. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Morning,

Can I just confirm, is this definitely the only socket in the property? Could there be a different socket in a different room that is maybe hidden behind some furniture?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Akmal73
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

I added in the details on my profile. 

Thanks!

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Akmal73,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes