FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Upload Speed (Download is fine)

char_channer
Participant
Message 28 of 28

Hi there,

Since last Thursday my upload speed has dropped to almost nothing. My download speed is fine at 37.5Mb. (Fibre)

I was on the chat help with some guy for over an hour. All he kept saying was my line was fine and my download speed was fine. I kept saying the issue was UPLOAD speed but he did not seem to be able to see anything on his tests about it.

I asked several times for an engineer to be sent out but was told they could not book an engineer because there was no fault showing up.

I am at my wits end on this as its making my remote connection into work (Citrix) very hard to use and if trying to attach a file of say 100K to gmail was taking minutes. 

I turned the router off for over 30 mins but no change.

What am I to do if Talk Talk say there is no issue when their own speed tester website shows my upload speed as 0.1Mbps or 0.00 Mbps?

Picture of screen test attached (which took a long time by the way !!) 

help!

speedtest.JPG

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi char_channer

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working.

The notes just advise that work was completed at the exchange by Openreach.

If you do experience any further issues then please post back on the Community and we will investigate this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

char_channer
Participant
Message 2 of 28

@Debbie-TalkTalk - Good news!

My broadband has been going on and off completely earlier today so I just gave up on it BUT I just ran a speed test and I now have upload!

char_channer_1-1624525139268.png

The fact I can attach this screen shot shows its all back to normal 🙂

I'm not sure what was done at the exchange (and without wishing to sound ungrateful - why this was not done 6 days ago?) but  - thank you for your efforts getting this to the correct team to deal with it- hopefully my upload speed is here to stay now.

This community forum really is very good - many thanks to all others who have contributed - @Karl-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Message 3 of 28

Hi char_channer

An issue was identified and resolved at the exchange this morning. Please can you retest and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 28

Hi char_channer

Our Network Team are taking a look at this now before we arrange an engineer visit.

I will post back as soon as I receive further information from our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

char_channer
Participant
Message 5 of 28

@Michelle-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk  @Karl-TalkTalk  - Just tagging you all to my plight 😞

0 Likes

char_channer
Participant
Message 6 of 28

Hi there,

No change. I powered it down for 30 mins - still no upload speed , at least 0.01Mbps - enough for me to send text on here.

Its a brand new router which I got yesterday and a brand new grey lead going from the router to the BT socket (at this point its still going through a filter to the socket with the front removed which I was asked to do for a 24 hour test.

I ran the download test via my laptop with ethernet link to router.

I have tried it with wi fi too - also no upload speed.

I have run the test on various devices (laptop, iphone, ipad) same result.

So the problem is not the router or my wire which are both brand new.

Will your network team really say any different - everytime you check my line you say there is no problem with it , I cannot for the life of me understand how you cannot see its 0.01Mbps upload.

This is a fault and I REALLY need an engineer to come and look ta the exchange or whatever else. Karl said earlier on in this thread if the new router did not work he would arrange an engineer.

This is becoming increasingly urgent as the last 4 working days of this month (starting tomorrow) I need to support really important stuff remotely and I cannot do that without upload speed as it should be.

Can someone please organise an engineer asap - I really do not care how much it costs at this point as this issue has been going on for nearly a week now.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear that there has been no improvement. I've taken another look at the connection stats and I can see that upstream sync speed increased 2 days ago. Could you try powering down the router now for a full 30 minutes and then run another wired speed test please as this will reset the current session. If there is no improvement following this then please let me know and I will pass this straight over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

char_channer
Participant
Message 8 of 28

New router here - installed - no change - still NO upload speed.

Phone line seems to work fine yet I do a line check on it from talk talk website and its says there is still an issue (probably related to last night total downtime of fibre).

I have had enough of this - can someone please send an engineer before I lose my job. Fed up with having to take vacation when I don't want because I cannot work.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

So woke up to find the broadband DOWNLOAD is back working again but still no upload speed. Hopefully the new router will arrive today.

I still find it very suspicious all this trouble that happened over night and the fact I have no upload. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Ok so I rang talk talk and they confirmed there was an issue in the area that has been going on since 10th June (why was this not mentioned before) and that , and I’m paraphrasing the guy here, but opennreach are going from cabinet to cabinet upgrading stuff.

he has no eta on when my fibre internet will come back up. 

I said I would ring in the morning but he said leave it until 12 noon as they might still be working on it. I pointed out I work remotely now for a finance company in the city and cannot just sit there waiting until 12 noon before getting an update as they are expecting me to work and support systems in my job!

my phone line seems fine by the way - just no internet at all now.

this really is a mess. Hopefully you guys could take a look in the morning as up to this point you have been the voice of reason and all my phone conversations seem to not be very informed.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

I did a check of the network status from talk talk website for my number and it indeed says there is a problem with the network for my line…. I have no clue what is going on now

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Unplugging for 30 mins and turning on again has made no difference - still flashing red/white light

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Hi there ,

well the plot thickens - as of 5pm ish BST my router has started flashing white and red light and although connected to work fi and Ethernet , there is no internet at all now.

I have switched it off and on - still flashing light. 

next I have unplugged the power for 30 mins (which it is doing now ) and am using my phone to write this message. Could anyone test my line ?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Hi char_channer

Apologies for this.

You should receive the replacement router soon. Please let us know once you have received and tested with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

took the power out for 35 mins and restarted. No change :

Ive tried to paste the screen shot of the speed test but it timesout!

I have the tiniest bit of upload - just enough to be able to write on these forums but uploading a file of even 100K is taking ages or just gives up. Weird it has a tiny bit of upload rather than 0.

Its getting worse as the day goes on - I've tried to reply to this message several times

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Hi char_channer

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Here is the latest speed checker result from Talk Talk Website (which takes a while to attach - should be instant...):

char_channer_0-1624349192700.png

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

FYI - the upgrade from 36 ish Mbps to 65Mbps fibre has just come through a few mins ago - but still no upload speed (almost 0 but just enough for me to be able to write on these boards)

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28
0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Many thanks Karl - I'll let you know how I get on

0 Likes