FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Upload Speed (Download is fine)

char_channer
Participant
Message 28 of 28

Hi there,

Since last Thursday my upload speed has dropped to almost nothing. My download speed is fine at 37.5Mb. (Fibre)

I was on the chat help with some guy for over an hour. All he kept saying was my line was fine and my download speed was fine. I kept saying the issue was UPLOAD speed but he did not seem to be able to see anything on his tests about it.

I asked several times for an engineer to be sent out but was told they could not book an engineer because there was no fault showing up.

I am at my wits end on this as its making my remote connection into work (Citrix) very hard to use and if trying to attach a file of say 100K to gmail was taking minutes. 

I turned the router off for over 30 mins but no change.

What am I to do if Talk Talk say there is no issue when their own speed tester website shows my upload speed as 0.1Mbps or 0.00 Mbps?

Picture of screen test attached (which took a long time by the way !!) 

help!

speedtest.JPG

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Hi

A Router is on its way to you and should arrive in the next day or two.  If this is the same with the new router, then I can arrange an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Hi Karl -

Thats a good idea but no one from Talk Talk to this point has even suggested it let alone offered to send me a replacement router. I was hoping that if I could get an engineer that he/she would bring one...

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Hi

All usual tests are clear, but I do see some errored seconds on the upstream.

Has an alternative router been tested to rule out a hardware issue ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

Hi Karl,

i have updated my main number to my Talk Talk Landline. currently its not plugged in, the fibre broadband is plugged in though for this 24 hour test thing.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi

Can you add the home phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile'  rather than the mobile so we can locate your details and take a look at your line.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 26 of 28

details updated.

I have just been on the phone this time to Talk Talk helpdesk. They got me to unscrew the openreach socket and plug the internet in via a filter (which luckily I had one lying around - no filters used normally) for a 24 hour test.

The most frustrating part of this is no one from talk talk seems to be able to verify or see that my upload speed is practically 0.

I can see it on their webpage speed tester but for some reason they keep telling me they cannot send an engineer because there is no fault showing up. They will charge me if there is no fault - I said "go for it because clearly having upload speed of 0 is a fault.

I now have to wait 24 hours for the test to complete and then my wife has to ring them up to authorise potentially getting an engineer out as it might cost money and she is the account holder.

really painful this - my work are going to get quite annoyed soon that I cannot work....

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 27 of 28

Hi char_channer,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes