FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WiFi in evenings

Grace9
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi. Every evening from about 6pm there is no wifi connection. I have tried to sort this out but I'm getting nowhere. I'm paying for a service that I am simply just not receiving. I'm not a technical person so I have no idea what to do. I have tried re setting the router, it works for a short while and then shortly after, again, no connection.

P.lamb
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Grace9
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

I have added my details

P.lamb
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 8

@Grace9  go into your account and check the HomeSafe settings, particularly the HOMEWORK TIME which can be set to come on at specific times.

Your router model will be on the label on the back.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Yes sorry, the WiFi to my devices is dropping. Its only my mobile and my sons tablet that are connected and both are affected. The light doesn't change and I don't have a landline telephone.  

I have had my router since 2018 but completely unsure of what model it. I contacted talktalk because on my app is said that my router needed updating, they said they'd keep an eye on the speed etc and rectify any issues. 

It now states nothing about my router needing updating, however the connection is still disconnecting at the same time every evening. 

P.lamb
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is it only the wireless which is affected? Do you have any wired devices connected which experience the same issue? Do any of the lights change on the router when this happens?

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 7 of 8

@Grace9  do you mean the WiFi connection to your devices is dropping or that your router is losing its connection ?

What service do you have, what model of router and what does the router indicator light(s) show when the issue happens ?

If you service is over the phone line is that working normally with no odd noises ?

0 Likes