FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband orange flashing light

gary t1
Team Player
Message 58 of 58

My broadband has been off since mid afternoon.

I have an orange flashing light.

I've done the 30 Min unplugged I've also reset, all devices are connected but no internet.

I've done the online line test but just states problem is indoors, nothing has changed with the setup.

I've also tried a new filter.

Any advice would be helpful.

Tia

0 Likes
57 REPLIES 57

Message 21 of 58

Hi Gary,

That does sound like the line is unstable. @Debbie-TalkTalk can you confirm if this is stable or not, before I try & help Gary?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 22 of 58
Hi Keith,
I'll check once I'm home.
Generally there are no interruptions, just turns off overnight, on random nights.
Regards Gary.

Message 23 of 58

So before going any further, is the light on the router solid white all the time now? There is not much point in trying to get the WiFi settings correct if the line is unstable.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 24 of 58

Hi Keith, Debbie.

As Debbie said it's the sagem hub, I'm not currently indoors for 3 or 4 hrs but any help would be helpful.

Not really had any issues prior to a week or so back when It seems openreach changed over to Nokia equipment and basically they didn't reset me, so I was off for a few days, I had to do several resets prior to it coming back on whilst on chat.

All has been fine except random switch offs, all overnight, orange light on 3 occasion, flashing on one one occasion, reboot cures it every time.

I've been sent a new router as that was the original wrong diagnoses.

I will set the new one up but would like help doing the correct settings.

I rename so I see 5ghz and 2.5 then connect different devices to different ones, also have a couple hard wired, PS4 and tv

Regards Gary

Message 25 of 58

Thanks Keith. I've now switched off the wifi optimisation.

Debbie

Message 26 of 58

Hi @gary t1 

First off, have you had Wi-Fi Optimisation disabled on your hub? If not, any changes that I may recommend to your hub's WiFi configuration can be overwritten by this facility. Only TalkTalk can disable this for you.

Keith

Message 27 of 58

Message 28 of 58

Hi @gary t1 

@Debbie-TalkTalk has asked me to help you with wireless issues, which make/model of router are you using?

Keith

Message 29 of 58

Message 30 of 58
Thank you Debbie.

Message 31 of 58

Hi Gary

Thanks for your reply. I completely understand, please continue to use your current router for as long as needed.

@KeithFrench provides really good advice on improving wireless performance. Could you help please Keith?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 32 of 58
Hi, thanks Debbie, I will give it a couple of days, to see if it stops, then try the new router (as I've said openreach are doing a lot of work very close to us and in the exchange, shouldn't be affecting me I assume but maybe it is, each time seems to be overnight).
It's not just laziness, I don't like to just waste a perfectly good router (age thing).
Do you recommend splitting and using 5ghz and 2.5ghz it's not switched on by default, by that I mean the user doesn't get to select when first connecting, unless I rename them, I connect my Google mini to 5ghz and my phone as there used further away from the router and I'd read there's less interference, also do you recommend channel range selection?, I had an app that checks heavily used channel ranges in the close proximity and avoided them in the past, also should I lock to specific channels for ie the wired TV.
I don't know fully what I'm doing as you'll probably gather, I generally pick up points from the forum and try that, just haven't done it for a while.
Thanks again for your assistance.
Regards, Gary.

Message 33 of 58

Hi Gary

No that's fine. If the connection comes back when you reboot the router then it would be worth testing with the replacement router.

The line tests are not detecting any faults.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 58
Hi, the initial diagnosis was router but I felt I knew it wasn't the issue.
From chat they organised a new router, I haven't tried it yet as I'd half setup (certain devices on 2.5 or 5ghz) the existing one again after several resets, so I have a new one here.
Maybe I'll give it a few days and see if it settles, then I'll setup the new one up if still having issues (I suppose that sounds a bit lazy,sorry) just didn't think that was the problem.
considering it wasn't the issue with the first problem.
I normally try to set to certain channels after checking neighbors broadband to avoid heavily used channels but it was a while back now and I'll need to read up on it again.
Is there no issue showing your end at all?
Gary
0 Likes

Message 35 of 58

Hi Gary

Would you like me to send a different router for testing to rule out any possible router issues?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 36 of 58

There has been a lot of problems in the area but mainly if not exclusively with sky broadband.
As said in a previous post, i was told by the engineer they are switching over to Nokia equipment but seeing as mine has been done it shouldn't affect mine or could it.
Gary.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 58
Hi Debbie,
Just got up and it was solid orange light again, it was still on at around 11pm.
On/off and back to fine.
Gary.
No real pattern to it.
0 Likes

Message 38 of 58

Hi Gary

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 39 of 58

Hi Karl, I only checked laptop and phone, both wireless, phone 5ghz, laptop on 2.5ghz.

I didn't check every device as it was just a case of orange light fully on the first 2 times then flashing on the third occasion.

Switch router off and on and it was fine again.

Thanks, Gary.

Message 40 of 58

Hi

Was this affecting all connected devices, wired and wireless.  I'm not seeing physical retrains (drops), but am seeing wifi congestion affecting channel 1 on 2.4Ghz band.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE