FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband

cooper71
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

Getting pretty fed up of having no internet now, post code RH2 0RX could you please advise when internet service will be back up and running, seriously considering not paying our bill as your not providing the service advertised

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi cooper71

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync at 15.8mb. The connection also appears to be stable.

DLM should start to increase the speed. Please can you leave the router switched on without rebooting and we can check the connection stats again in 48hrs to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed/profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

@Chris-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Update, my apologies since the phone line being down we have discovered our cats had chewed through the cable from the master socket, we are now installed a new cable and broadband and phone line is back up and running, we are still however experiencing stability issues on the broadband and very slow line speeds of 1.8mbps  

Message 3 of 15

Also completely no broadband now for a quite a few days, need to access work emails, it is quite a frustrating issue that it is affecting my work

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Update the phone line is no longer working now, home phone won't ring out and you can no longer call the home phone from a mobile, when calling from the home phone it just won't dial and you don't here the dialing tones 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

@Chris-TalkTalk Yes just the one socket, and all you said is correct 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi cooper71,

Thanks for the photos, do you just have the one telephone socket in your home? In the bottom photo of the master socket, is that a micro-filter? Is the cable coming out of the bottom of the micro-filter the ADSL cable to your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

@Debbie-TalkTalk hello, please see attached photos

IMG_20200528_232003.jpg

IMG_20200528_232018.jpg

IMG_20200528_232105.jpg

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi cooper71

Thanks for your reply. Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket and how the router is set up at the moment? (post the photo on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

Also we bought a tp link modem router (archer VR400)

to see if it was the talktalk modem router that had a fault plugged it in with the DSL cable everything wired correctly and would detect the DSL cable and it set up a wifi network but could not connect to the internet, so am sending that modem router back to get a refund, only the talktalk modem seems to be able to astablish a connection to the broadband as said before though still very slow at the 1.5mbps, what is very weird is that my in-laws live 5mins down the road and they are with talktalk same contract as us and there broadband is absolutely fine and running at 30mbps and higher at times, when I carried out a speed check on there broadband they seem to be connecting to a different server than us we connect to Mauritius Telecom Ltd London and they connect to Structured Communications London

Screenshot_20200524-215924.png

Screenshot_20200522-181912.png

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15
0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Good afternoon @Debbie-TalkTalk 

In answer to your test socket question, all I no is it was plugged in and set up by the engineer from talktalk, after having a look we have a single phone line coming in by our front door which is where it's plugged in now and was plugged in there by the engineer, we have had no issues with the internet for best part of a year, and then about a month ago broadband speed plummeted from 30mbps average to 1.5mbps average and connection drops out for days at a time coming on for 20mins here and there then a couple says ago I figured out if you ring out or to the house landline twice letting it ring the router goes from flashing orange to orange and white to then connect with a constant white, so now every time the connection drops out and flashes orange I have to ring the house phone twice then within 10mins the broadband is back up and running still at the very slow speed of 1.5mbps average of this rings bells as a common fault or something unique to us please let us no how to proceed 

Screenshot_20200527-144018.png

Screenshot_20200527-143959.png

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 15

Hi cooper71

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment? Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

You wouldn't pay for an empty plate in a restaurant would you, so why should talk talk charge for a service they are not providing? Please give me a reason? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

@cooper71, don't post any personal information on the open forum pages. For TT staff to identify your account,  please complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; save any changes. 

Keep your Direct Debit in place. Not paying bills just creates debt problems. 

Please give staff time to reach your thread and look into this for you. Wait for a reply before posting further, to keep your thread moving forward in the queue. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes