FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection - future fibre

jenny1997
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hello, I got my WiFi hub delivered and have been trying to connect it. I believe I have a white Openreach future fibre connection box. 
I have connected the Ethernet cable from the connection box to the hub and both are plugged in. The light on the hub is solid Amber and has been for an hour or so. I know very little about WiFi so would appreciate any tips! I have tried turning it off and on and resetting the router but no luck. It just fluctuates between solid and flashing Amber but has stayed solid for a while. Thank you! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi jenny,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@jenny1997 

Fibre 65 is NOT Future Fibre.

Fibre 65 is provided over the phone line, therefore you need to find the phone master socket and plug the TalkTalk HUB into the ADSL side of that and a phone handset into the other side.

If it's a single outlet, use the microfilter provided with the HUB and then connect the grey cable from that filter to the HUB.

You only need the HUB for Fibre 65, all the other equipment is redundant.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Martin, thank you for responding. I don’t know when it was fitted as I just moved into this flat and was given no information about broadband unfortunately. 
I took out a fibre 65 contract with TT and the activation date was Thursday. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

When was the Openreach equipment fitted ?

Have you recently ordered a service from TT and have you actually been notified that your service is live ?

0 Likes