FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No improvements in speed after recent upgrade

t1992jacks
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have upgraded my Faster Fibre contract with Fibre Speed boost within the last week.

My admin panel on WiFi hub is claiming I'm now getting 69.5 Mbps, however running speed tests using various devices over WiFi and Ethernet, they're capping out at 37 Mbps - exactly what I was getting before.

I've restarted the router but this hasn't helped.

Anything more I can do, or is this a TalkTalk issue?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi t1992jacks

I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased 🙂

This has been fed back to our Products Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 6

Hey @t1992jacks  great news thanks for the feedback glad you are back in business.

I seem to remember your suggestion being added somewhere in the faq's but I will mention it again.

If you have the time please mark one of the answers in the thread as best answer, this mark the thread as completed and save others fretting.

Many thanks in advance.

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 3 of 6

@Divsec 30 minute reboot has fixed it - thank you 🙂

Is there any way to feed back to TalkTalk that they should really make this more obvious when adding a speed boost? Just a line of text in an email would suffice.

Message 4 of 6

Thanks @Divsec 

I've added my details to my profile.

I'd restarted the router, but not for 30 minutes. Doing that right now so I'll update here if it works.

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @t1992jacks your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back soon.

In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account. Click avatar top right corner then settings, then wizard. Please don't post personal details here for security reasons. Once this information is in place the OCE team will be able to help you.

have you tried a 30 minute reboot. Switch off the router, wait 30 minutes then restart?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.