FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No increase in speeds after upgrading to fibre 65 from fibre 35

Shuckz62
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Getting the same speeds on 65 as i was on 35 & been told by tech support that I'm getting the minimum guaranteed speeds for my area, makes upgrading pointless really. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

If your speeds are below 40 mb in general, then upgrading to fibre 65 will not change anything.

Estimates for your line are 29-32mb, so the upgrade may be of no benefit to you.  

All the upgrade does, is lift the bar from 40 mb to 80mb, so if your line can achieve more it is then allowed to, but if the line is just not capable of higher speeds then an upgrade is on no benefit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6
Done Debbie
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Shuckz62

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6
I did that twice over the weekend with no improvement hence contacting tech support earlier, if I'm getting the best that i can then I'll have to cancel the upgrade as there is no point paying more for the same speeds
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

You should have a guaranteed minimum speed for your individual line, not your area. Try  turning the router off for a full 30 minutes to restart the session and then check for any improvement.

0 Likes