FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet (Your router seems to be disconnected from the network.)

fleceldinho
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

I have no internet connectivity. My router states:

"Your router seems to be disconnected from the network."

Router type, software, and connection info below (yes, there is an up and downstream!)

Tried restarting, tried resetting (yep, pin in reset for 30 seconds). No other device on the line (don't use home phone) and it's in the master socket.

Was on the phone for an hour before it was answered, another 30 minutes later went through all the usual steps and have been told that the router isn't authenticating. (I was under the impression that authentication was on the line not the device?).

It has been diagnosed as a faulty router, they are apparently sending me a new one for tomorrow  but I haven't received any tracking, so as I rely on this for work, I was hoping that someone might be able to help me get this up and running!

Alternatively - I only tend to use this as a modem with a Linksys E4200 doing all the routing with BT Whole Home Wifi spreading the love, can anyone recommend a modem that would work?

Hardware Version Software Version

FAST5364 3.00
SG4K10002816t

Status Connection Time Link Status Standard Line Encoding Link Encapsulation

Line 1
UP
02h58m39s
UP
VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)
DMT
ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM)

Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]

Line 1
DownstreamUpstream

Connection Type: DHSCP

VLAN id 101

Addressing Type DHCP

DNS Obtain automatically

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi fleceldinho,

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

All sorted, thank you.

Issue with the cabinet or exchange, can't remember which was said. 

Thank you for everyone's responsiveness who supported and all the help that was given.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi fleceldinho

I've booked the earliest appointment available next week as requested - July 19 2021, AM (8am-1pm) - please let us know now you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi fleceldinho,

I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Confirmation for both, please arrange.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi fleceldinho,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Morning, I am free again from next week. If you can book someone in as soon as possible that would be great.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi fleceldinho

Apologies for this.

If you have tested with 2 different routers at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would we be able to arrange an engineer visit once your isolation period has ended?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 18

@fleceldinho, do you have access to a landline phone you could plug into your phone socket (just for testing), if so can you dial 17070 and ensure it reads back the correct phone number (i.e. the number shown in your 'My Account')

0 Likes

fleceldinho
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 18

Where do I stand on this?

I have no internet, I'm currently isolating and working from home, blasting through mobile phone data

From googling this, all the top results are from talktalk are people waiting weeks for a solution, if there ever was one. It looks like a some people just end up leaving?

Is there actually anything that can be done at this point?

Will I be compensated?

Will you send me mobile broadband to satisfy our contract while I wait?

Sorry if this post seems narky, I have had a terrible day trying to work while also trying to deal with this.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

All done, factory reset and in the test socket. 

Update, around 30 mins later, still solid orange and no internet.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi fleceldinho

Apologies for this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

I've have also completed a radius re sync, please can you connect the new router at the test socket and then factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

fleceldinho
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 18

So, I have my new router. Same issue. Do I start a new thread? @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Solid Orange light.

It can see the internet, but wont connect.

In the master socket.

Removed the bt plate, connect directly with the new filter and wire that came with the new router.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi fleceldinho

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that the router has been ordered and you should receive this within the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 18

Ok, so solid orange does indicate an authentication problem, as that would indicate the router has been able to sync ok, so the physical connection is ok, but it can't log into the TalkTalk network. So if the phone support people have run tests and can't see any issue on the network then they will probably suggest trying a new router as the next thing.

The staff here on the community will also be able to check in the morning, to see if they can see any other possible cause.

TalkTalk do allow the use of any modem/router on their network, so as long as the modem supports a Fibre (VDSL) connection and will allow you to change the settings to the required ones for the TalkTalk network then it should work.

If a new TalkTalk router is going to arrive tomorrow you will likely get an email or text from Yodel with tracking details on the day that it is going to be delivered.

Message 16 of 18

Hey,

Solid orange. Flashes between orange and white on hardware reset.

The message is on the main page when you log on the router.

Cheers,

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @fleceldinho,

So is the LED still solid white on the router indicating that it thinks it is connected. Where exactly are you seeing this message that says 'Your router seems to be disconnected from the network'.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes