FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet & no landline

evelynfang
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

Hi everyone,

I recently moved into a new place and started a new tenancy, and received my Fibre 65 router on Monday the 6th. My go-live date was yesterday (8th September) and I got an email to confirm that everything should've been working. I bought a landline phone last night as well, and have set everything up but my router has been flashing amber for over 24 hours now, and the landline isn't working either.

I know the previous tenants before me and my flatmate had WiFi, and I also have a landline number associated with my account, but when I try to call my mobile using my landline phone it doesn't ring, and when I try to call the landline number with my mobile nothing happens. 

Any idea about what the problem could be? My first bill isn't until the 11th of September, so I'm not sure if that's the issue, but I feel like that shouldn't be the case...? I also tried calling 17070 already to test the dialtone, and it sounds like it's just getting interrupted.

Does anyone also happen to know the opening hours for TalkTalk customer service? I have a full time job, so I'm currently busy at around 8am-7pm on weekdays and have unfortunately missed their opening hours when I've called 0345 172 0088.

Thanks so much in advance for the help! 🙂

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi evelynfang

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

All sorted now! Thanks so much again for everyone's help, really appreciate it 😊

Message 3 of 14

Hi evelynfang

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that an engineer visit has been arranged.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your help. For some reason it's not letting me reply to you via private message, but apologies I forgot to update this thread - I actually called customer service Saturday morning, and they've already booked for an engineer to come visit this morning 😊

Hopefully everything will be sorted after the visit, but I'll also confirm after on this thread!

Message 5 of 14

Hi evelynfang

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Debbie

Message 6 of 14

Sure! Thanks a lot 😊

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 14

@evelynfang, staff on the forum won't be back on here before Monday. You probably won't want to wait that long, so you may need to arrange for an engineer by calling up to make an appointment?

Phone lines open today 9am. Closed on Sunday. Sometimes it can be a few days before they can fit an appointment in, so worth going ahead with it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 8 of 14

Great, thank you so much for the prices!

Unfortunately still unable to make or receive calls on landline phone after plugging only the phone into the phone socket (no microfilter) and also when calling 17070 it still cuts out halfway through the beeps 😞

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

See what happens when you test. Details of potential charges can be found here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your message & sorry about the late reply - been at work all day!

Will it cost to have an engineer come over and visit? I'll only be able to get back to my flat tonight at 7:30pm at the earliest, so will only be able to retest the phone socket with no microfilter then 😞

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi evelynfang

All tests are clear, so the next option is to arrange an engineer for you.

Before proceeding to this, can you unplug everything from the socket and only connect a good working phone and retest, so no microfilter connected etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi,

Thanks so much for the speedy reply! Yeah, so when I call any number using the landline it'll do the beep noises at the beginning but then cut out, like it hasn't finished the full dialtone yet and then it just goes silent, no ringing at all. And yep, when I called 17070 it made the beep noises, cut out and then went silent.

I've ran the connection test a few times now, and it just says my in-home setup needs checking. I have my router & phone both plugged into the test socket, using the microfilter given to me with the router, and followed the instructions for set up too.

Perfect, that's super useful! Thanks again for your help 🙂

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @evelynfang,

So do you hear a dial tone on the phone when you pick it up, but if you dial 17070 it doesn't connect and read back a phone number ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router and phone in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Details on opening hours can be found here

0 Likes