FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet and no fix offered!

temooriqbal
Participant
Message 30 of 30

Woke up this morning to a flashing orange light on the router. Ran a connection test - said there was a problem, but then offered no solution! This is unacceptable - talktalk will be losing a long-term customer if they can't fix this. Can someone contact me to help asap?

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

I've booked the engineer for May 23 2022, AM (8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

OK, I'll book it now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Confirmed and agreed, please book it

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

When you will and wont be charged is outline here -  Engineers charges

As you can see, you won't be charged if the problem is on Openreach maintained equipment, network, line etc. Please confirm that you agree to the terms and I'll book the engineer for the earliest appointment available

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Well, I will say yes to accepting the charges in principle, but I will fight tooth and nail - with legal support if necessary - not to pay a penny to resolve an issue with TalkTalk's service.

Please send the engineer any time on Monday 23 May. If that's not possible, then any other weekday morning is fine.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

OK, can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

Yes, please book it in! Let me know what information you need

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

Sorry to hear that the new router hasn't resolved the problem. We can now arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like me to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

Hi, the new router arrived, but the problem is still the same - just a blinking orange light. Please advise me on what to do next!

This is fast becoming the worst customer experience I've ever had! I can't believe you'd strand someone without internet for this long without doing absolutely everything in your power to fix it!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but will probably arrive tomorrow. There isn't really anything further that we can do until you've tested with the new router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Ok thanks. Is there nothing else that can be done in the meantime??

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

I can order the router today and you'll probably receive it tomorrow but I can't guarantee this unfortunately.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

As long as there is no charge, then yes. But it needs to arrive today - can you send it with an engineer, who can then also fix whatever the issue is?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

As line tests are passing I think we should try another router, would you like me to send one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

Afraid not. I only have my TalkTalk router. This is very worrying - please arrange for someone to come out and fix it asap

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

I have tried that a few times, no luck. Also tried disconnecting and then reconnecting the phone line cable and the power cable

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

OK, have you tried switching your router off and back on again? If not then can you give this a try and let us know if you are then able to connect

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

It's non-NTE

0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

Thanks, could you take a look at the following help article and let me know which type of master socket you have - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes