FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet at all 2 days after Openreach switched on

shengabus
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

Hi, hope you can help my case.

Last Wed 4th Aug, Openreach came to switch on my broadband connection, having moved my broadband from previous residence. 

On Friday 6th, I didn't have broadband any more (router1 flash orange).

Since then, I have spoken with 6 live agents (the exact sequence getting a bit hazy due to the number of attempts!):

Agent 1. sent me a new router, router2

Router2 arrived Saturday. Flashes orange. 

Agent 2. router2 did not work. Did check and said due to outage. Asked me to wait 30 min and check, didn't work.

Agent 3. went through checks, later asked me to wait 30 min and chat shut off. Said that if it didn't work would send an engineer

Agent 4. went through checks again. Insisted that my (new) router was at fault. Refused to send engineer, but sent another router. 

Router3 arrived today, Wed 11. Flashes orange.

Agent 5. went through checks again. Like Agents 3/4, wanted me to check on different hardware (I'd already checked on phone, tablet), but in process I got disconnected from chat.

Agent 6. suggested to try check my physical land line, but I don't own a phone or phone line (and neither do my neighbours). Chat disconnected. 

In this process, I have gone through the test sequences many times, trying my master socket, its test socket, resetting the router and personal devices, etc. All my personal devices work when connecting to mobile 4G hotspot (and up to last Wednesday, to Router1). 

I really would like an engineer sent out to fix this issue.

If possible, please also advise on my right to cancel my subscription without penalty. 

Thank you

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hello,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi yes, the engineer visited. It was a problem at the box (broadband wasn't connected to my apartment!).

Thanks, I'm using talktalk broadband now. Hope to continue to!

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 12

Hi shengabus

I've checked for an update and this fault was assigned to a line engineer this morning.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi shengabus

No problem. I will check on this fault again tomorrow for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Thank you!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi shengabus

Thanks for your reply.

I have escalated this over to Openreach to be investigated externally by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

shengabus
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 12

Hi Michelle, thanks

When I connect landline, no dial tone.

Phone is connected to filter, which is connected to test socket.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've run a few tests on the line now and one has detected a voice fault. Just to confirm, when you connected the phone is there a dial tone? Is the phone also connected at the test socket? Once we've confirmed this then we can escalate this over to Openreach to complete an external line investigation.

Thanks

Message 9 of 12

Managed to get hold of landphone and line. Plugged into phone part of filter. 

I dial my number, but landphone doesn't pick up.

17070 doesn't do anything. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 12

Hi @shengabus,

Staff here will be able to pick this up tomorrow for you, but is there any way you could get hold of a landline phone, just temporarily, to plug into the test socket and see if it works, and if it does work to dial 17070 to ensure that it reads back the correct phone number (i.e. the phone number shown in My Account).

0 Likes

shengabus
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 12

Please note, quoting TalkTalk

Once you’ve made us aware of your loss of service, we’ll have two working days to try and fix the problem. After this, we’ll compensate you £8.06 per day starting from the third day until the day we restore your service, providing the fault is within the TalkTalk or Openreach network.

I first reached out on Friday, and so expect compensation starting today (Wed 11) for total loss of broadband connectivity, subject to the caveat above. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes