FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connect since 3pm yesterday - Solid Orange Light on Router

riyad
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Hi

Our fibre internet connection went down yesterday. Landline is still working ok. Router is showing solid orange light. I have conducted all the diagnostic checks.

• Switched off router for 30 minutes.
  • Swapped microfilter for new one.
  • Swapped router cable.
  • Plugged into master socket.
  • Reset router via pin hole.

The router when switched on flashes orange, then flashes orange and white then goes solid orange.

Can anyone suggest anything to help?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi riyad

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Chris

Just to let you know that the issue was resolved when we installed the new router. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi riyad,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yes, please. That would be much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I can send a router to test with while you're waiting for the callback just to make sure.

Chris

0 Likes

riyad
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

Sorry Chris,  I should have given you a update on the router situation.

When I reboot the router -  first it flashes orange (which I understand is normal), the flashes orange and white (which I understand means it is trying establish internet connection) then goes solid orange (where it usually should go solid white).

I contacted support via live chat this morning to request a router, and went through diagnostics. They were unwilling to send out  replacement as from the information I provided the router is not faulty.

The specifically said because my router flashes orange and white before going solid orange, means to them they router is working correctly.

I now have to wait for a case manager to contact me within 5 working days.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

I can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

riyad
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 10

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply. No, I only have the one router haven't been able to test if that's the problem.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi riyad,

Line tests are passing but I can see that you have no connection, do we have another router that we can test with?

Chris

0 Likes