FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection after go live date

Tsukyo
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

I just been on a call today because my broadband was supposed to be live yesterday, until now I got no connection. I called technical support for assistance; we've done the checks but it seems that it cannot be resolved on her end. So, she is now escalated it to the case manager and I was advised that I have to wait for a maximum of 5 days 'til I could be reached out by them.

Now, my worries is that it will be over 20 days of my supposed "leave without penalty" if I have to wait that long. And I don' t want to pay for something that is not my problem!! I have been very stressed by having no internet and have to waste my time and days waiting for a good connection and now this? I am still hopeful that it can be fixed. But if I am gonna exceed 20 days waiting for a case manager. I will switch to another provider. 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Alright. Thanks again! 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi

The router was already dispatched, but I'll send out a returns bag.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 3 of 16

Good day @Karl-TalkTalk

Will it be possible to cancel the new router? I've spoken to the case manager and he managed to booked an engineer to see what's happening in my connection. And it all went well. I have now connected to the internet and there is no fault in the router.

Than k you!! 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi

Gat back to me as soon as the router arrives and is connected and we can take it from there.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Thank you!! 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi

OK, there is a router on the way to you via courier, so we can make sure it's not a fault one, then we can arrange the engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 7 of 16

I see, that would be very helpful but its unfortunate that my neighbour does not have a landline as well

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi

If you connect the handset to the filter, or simply unplug the filter and plug the phone in, calling 17070 will tell you 2 things. First, you will hear a dial tone, that will let you know the line is 'live'. Second, 17070 is a general test number.  This just calls through to an automated service at the exchange that will just read out your line number to you.  This is useful to check if there is a crossed line etc. Useful to confirm the engineer has connected the line correctly on install.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi, I've asked my neighbor he doesn't have any phone handset. And also another question. If i try to ring that number, where do i know that the line is okay? Will it ring through the router haha. Sorry for the silly question.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi

Yes, every things as it should be.  I've tested the line, looked at all the voltage levels across the line etc, all are fine. Not seeing any issues that could cause this. 

I've a router on the way to you just so we can make sure it's not a faulty router.  If at all possible, if you could borrow a phone handset from a friend or neighbour for 2 minutes just to check the line is working, and possibly dial 17070 to check the number assigned, that would really help.

If it's not a router issue, then I will need to get an engineer out asap to look at this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Yes, I only have one router connected in my flat. 

16256582030247768469192320687083.jpg

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi

Can you confirm you only have the TalkTalk router connected and no other.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

received_830065694542335.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16
Hi @Karl-TalkTalk I currently have my router only. I dont have any phone althou it showing my on my dashboard that I have a landline. But i dont have any physical phone with it. And yes, my router is connected. It s just showing flashing orange light. Please can you help me 
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi

Tests are clear and I'm showing a sync speed of 62mb, but the auth logs are showing a possible BT home hub.

Do you currently have the TalkTalk router connected ?

Is there a clear dial tone on the home phone ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes