FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection & no landline calls

TSimao
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

My WiFi keeps disconnecting at least once a day for hours at a time sometimes. It's been off for over an hour now so my kids can't connect with their teachers for online learning. Also my landline has no dial tone so I'm unable to make outgoing calls and I can't receive any calls as it has a constant busy tone. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi TSimao,

The line test is now showing a different fault type so I've logged this out to Openreach as a non-appointed Task. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Ok for 'potential' engineer charges if it comes to that & AM is best. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi TSimao

Please can you also confirm potential engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Engineer charges

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi TSimao,

Thanks for trying that. The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I just tested the phone in the test socket & there is still no dial tone & still has a busy tone when I called the number. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 10

Hi TSimao,

I'm sorry for the delay and also to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then could you test the phone at the test socket with all other equipment removed from the line to see if there is a dial tone please?

Thanks

Message 7 of 10

@TSimao  posts are answered "oldest first", if you keep posting you just knock yourself back in the queue.

Replies can take a day at busy times.

Alternatively call 0345 172 0046 to report your problem.

Message 8 of 10

3 hours, still no WiFi!! 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10

Hi
Talk-Talk like to have your profile upto date, things like...
Name
Telephone number
Alternative contact number
Via this link.....
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

NEVER post personal details into these help forums.

Some, hopefully relevant, contact details....

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

I note the in-ability to make calls.

0 Likes