FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet, intermittent

KeithWilcox
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

For several days now we have an intermittent no internet problem. The internet light on the router is green and the computer says ‘internet connection ‘ but cannot connect to anything. The router has been rebooted many times now but the problem remains. Any ideas?

Thanks

Keith

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13
0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Chris,

Thank you

Keith

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Keith,

I've ordered a replacement router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Michelle,

Yes, if you think that could be the problem.

Thanks

Keith

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Keith,

Ok would you like us to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Michelle,

No, I only have this router.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Keith,

Ok thanks for confirming this. I've checked and the router currently has the latest version of firmware. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi  Michelle

The problem happens with wired and wireless. We have had the problem since April 24th. Friday evening was very bad. I have changed the DNS settings of the router to Google as suggested here. But this morning at 07.37 to 07.39 internet was lost on wired and wireless devices. The router internet light was green and windows network indicated internet connection.

Thanks

Keith

Lost connection again at 07.59 to 08.03, this also happened at the exact same time yesterday!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 13

Hi Keith,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and I can only see 1 re-connection. Just to confirm, does this affect both wired and wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi @KeithWilcox 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 11 of 13

Hi

The router is Huawei HG633.

there are no messages.

The internet light is green and Windows network says internet connection but I Cannot connect to any sites.

Thanks

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

When you can't get anywhere, do you get any errors that relate to DNS? If so, you could try changing the routers internet configuration to use a different set of DNS servers, like Google's on 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4. If you tell me the make/model of TalkTalk router you have, I should be able to tell you how to do this, if you are not sure.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes