FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet this morning.

mikebeecham
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 11

Morning all,

I woke up this morning to find I have no internet connection. My wi-fi hub has an orange flashing light, despite me rebooting it a couple of times. 

I do note that there was a system change overnight, but I don't live in one of the affected areas.

Could this be an issue at the Talk Talk end, or is there anything I can try?

I've checked the internet on both wired and wireless devices and definitely no internet

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi mike,

Is everything now ok? Are you now able to connect?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi mike,

I'm sorry for the delay. An issue has been identified and this is being investigated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

OK, thank you. 

From my end, I can't think of anything else which might be the issue. Two different routers, both wired and wireless provide the same results. I guess the only other thing would be to try and remove the faceplate from the BT socket and see if that makes any difference, but if you COULD come back asap, that would be really appreciated. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi mike,

Thanks for checking and I'm sorry to hear this. I'm just checking with our team to see if there are any known issues in your area and I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Michelle,

So, I've dialled the number and it reads back the correct phone number, so that's a good thing. I DO have an alternative router, and plugged that in. I'm seeing the same thing, more or less. On this router all of the lights tell me that I have internet connection, and when I go into the router itself the diagram shows me that I have connection...but I just don't have a connection. There is no internet for me. 

I've tried wireless and wired, and the same thing. No internet. Everything times out.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Morning mike,

Do you have an alternative router that you could test with to rule this out? Would you also mind dialling 17070 from your home phone to see if it reads back the correct number please?

Thanks

0 Likes

mikebeecham
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 11

Hey Michele - a quick update for you. Rebooted the router again recently and, for the longest time, it just flashed orange and white. It has now gone to a solid orange and there is no connection. I'm tethering from my phone at the moment, so I have an internet connection but, obviously, this is costing me money, so don't want to do this for too long. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

mikebeecham
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 11

Also, it was working fine when I headed to bed around 11 last night. 

Could it be the router maybe?

0 Likes

mikebeecham
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 11

Hey Michele, good morning.

Yep, the router now has a solid orange light. There is a dial tone though on the phone line.

Could this be anything to do with the fact Open Reach have been working in the street for a couple of weeks now?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi mike,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks ok from here. Is there still an orange light on the router? Is the voice service affected?

Thanks

0 Likes