FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

Johash
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

No internet for the past 24 hrs. Router and home network working okay after hub restart. Windows diagnostics reports line broken between router and internet. TalkTalk reports no network problem so home set up needs checking, but all home checks done. Where's the problem and how can it be fixed? Locale exchange issue in North Manchester Cheetham Hill?

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Johash

Thank you. The returns bag is a prepaid bag, you would just need to put the router in this and it can be returned at the post office.

Debbie

Message 2 of 8

Yes, thanks, Debbie.

Everything is included in the box for a return if needed.

Best wishes.

Johash

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Johash

You should have also received a returns bag, was this included with the router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

If I need to return the router, how should I go about it? Can it be returned free of charge via courier collection? I didn't actually request the new router, so I shouldn't have to pay for its return.

The router is completely unopened and still in its delivery wrapper, so it can certainly be used again as new.

Best wishes.

Johash

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Johash

Thanks for your reply.

I would suggest keeping hold of the replacement router for a couple of weeks just in case you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for getting in touch. After the post, I explained the issue by phone to someone on the helpdesk, who believed the problem could be due to a fault with my router. So a new one was ordered.

I'm due to receive the new router today, but the Internet came back to life yesterday afternoon. I have no idea how and why the service was restored.

Please let me know what I should do now.

1. Return the router

2. Install the new router

3. Keep the router unopened for a certain period in case the problem occurs again, and then either install it or return it if it's not needed.

Please advise.

Best wishes.

Johash

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Johash

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line shows in sync and connected.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes