FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

Andrew_Clarke0705
Team Player
Message 24 of 24

Hi. Lost all internet. Flashing orange. Had hour long chat with support but apparently it may be the exchange. Engineer booked but gonna take ages. Any idea what else I can try. 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Andy

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

So engineer came out and it was a problem with the cable at the top of the pole. They replaced the cable, but had to change the socket location to an outside wall.  The original cable came down the pile, UNDER ny driveway and into the house. No ide who thought burying the cable under a few feet of concrete was a good idea, but fixed now at least. Internet all back up and running now. 
thanks for all your help Debbie

cheers

Andy

Message 3 of 24

Hi Andy

No problem. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Thanks Debbie

Message 5 of 24

Hi Andy

Thanks for confirming your details.

In regards to potential engineer charges, if the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges would be applied.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 14/05 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi Andy

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Yes please.  Can’t leave it as it is. 
thanks for your help 

regards 

Andy

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Morning Andrew

I've completed another line test which is detecting the same fault.

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi Andrew

Thank you.

Please can you leave the router, phone and microfilter at the test socket overnight?

I can then run the line test tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Message 10 of 24

Cool. I will set it up tonight ready for tomorrow 

thanks Debbie 

Message 11 of 24

Yep, that's the one.  🙂

Message 12 of 24

So straight from the middle plug via filter to the router. 

I may have to do this tonight ready for tomorrow as back in meetings and school work revision for GCSEs. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

You need to use a plugin microfilter. 

Message 14 of 24

Might be a silly question but how? I can take the plate off but no obvious plug socket except the one in the middle. 
thanks

Andy

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply.

If you could connect at the test socket that would be great, I can then run another line test in this set up.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi Debbie

no at the moment it is connected in the normal way. I have a 5C mk4 socket. I can try and connect it to the test socket

thanks

Andy

Message 17 of 24

Hi Andy

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi Michelle 

just wondered if you could check my line. Speed is down to around 6mbps. Sort of crazy as I sm usually in the 80s

kind regards 

Andy 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 24

Hi Andrew,

Ok thank you for the update. If the connection does become unstable then please let us know and we can check this for you here.

Thanks

Message 20 of 24

Thanks Michelle

no idea what the fault is/was. No response from customer service. 🤞though it seems to have stabilised. 
thanks

Andy