FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No light on router, but wifi is working

padl1
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

I've had my router for just over a year.  Today there is no light showing on the router, but the wifi is working fine.  I presume the light bulb in the router is broken.  Will TalkTalk supply a new router?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi,

No problem. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Chris,

Thank you.

Regards, Penny

Message 3 of 17

Hi Penny,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Chris,

Yes, that would be great.  Thank you very much.

I think it's best to have a router that's in full working order.

Thank you once again.

Regards, Penny

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi padl1,

If you've reset the router then the light should be back to default and on would you just like me to send another router and a returns bag for the one you currently have?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi AllyM,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards, Penny

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Chris,

The orange light flashed when I did the factory settings reset, so I wouldn't have thought there was a problem with the indicator LED being turned off (when it should be on).

In relation to AllyM's advice, how would I log into the router?  I have no idea how to do that.

The issue is still the same today: there is no light on the router but the wifi is working.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, Penny

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi padl1,

As AllyM has said, there is a setting to switch it off so it's certainly worth checking this but having said that, resetting the router to factory default settings should have set it back to default which is on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

If it's a Huawei DG8041W, I've had a look and there is a setting to switch on/off the indicator LED. You might want to take a look just in case it has get switched off for some reason.

After logging into the router it's in Advanced settings / Advanced Configuration / Maintenance Diagnostics / Indicator Status Management and the setting is actually called Indicator Switch.

Message 10 of 17

Hi Chris,

I did a factory reset.  The orange light flashed, then stopped.  The white light did not come on, but the wifi is working fine so obviously the router is working and the problem is with whatever makes the white light work.

As long as the orange light works when it needs to, I suppose it's not a problem that the white light doesn't work.  Do you agree with that?

Thank you.

Regards, Penny

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17
0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I will leave things as they are at the moment, but I will try doing a reset at some point if the light stays off or if any other problems occur.

Regards, Penny

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi Penny,

I think it's unlikely that the LED has gone and so resetting the router could well resolve the problem but it's fine to continue using the router without the light as long as your internet connection is working OK.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Michelle,

Just to follow up on my previous message, I am doubtful about trying to reset the router when I am so reliant on it at present and it seems to be working OK (apart from the light).  As with many other people, I am working from home and need the internet all the time for my job.

Regards, Penny

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your message.  It is a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub.  I can't see a model number on it but the delivery note which came with it says the product number is HUBBDG8041WN.

So far, I haven't tried factory resetting the router because the router itself seems to be working fine - there's just no light.

Regards, Penny

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hello,

Which router is this? (make and model)  Have you tried factory resetting the router?

Thanks

0 Likes