FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No master socket

Lewis14
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi I’ve just ordered fibre 65 broadband but the master socket have been ripped out of the wall so it just the gap where on once was and don’t know what to do or how we’ll set it up when it comes.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Lewis14

As advised, contact the sales teams to amend your order.  Make it clear you have no phone socket in the property and one will need to be fitted.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

If the Openreach database shows a line to the property, even if disconnected, then a home visit would not normally be booked.

They will not check the line prior to your "go live" day.

Is the incoming cable still in place ?

As above, you need to contact TT and tell them you need a socket and possibly a complete new line if the cable has been removed as well.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Lewis14,

When you placed the order were you told that an engineer would have to attend your property, if so they would be able to install a master socket for you.

If you were not told that an engineer would attend then it might be worth getting in touch with TalkTalk just to make sure they are aware that you need a master socket installing, you might be able to do this using the live chat service, or the main customer services phone number is 0345 172 0088

0 Likes