FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speed improvement after upgrading to fibre 65

Susang2
Chatterbox
Message 18 of 18

I renewed my contract from faster fibre to fibre 65 on  5th July. I was never given a go live date for the new service. Faster fibre was giving me download speeds of around 35-37 mbps I have seen no improvement since upgrading. I have tried the usual solution of turning router off over 30min  & also tried turning off overnight without success. Could it be that talktalk have not yet switched my service to fibre 65 ? Any help appreciated. 

Susang2
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

From figures you give your line is only capable of running Fibre 35

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Plusnet line checker shows I would have

16 - 18Mb

estimated upload speed

a  Minimum Guaranteed download Speed  of 48.8Mb

Susang2
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

The thing which is puzzling me is that your upload speed of 16.5Mbps seems disproportionately high. With a download speed of 40Mbps I would have expected your upload to be around 6Mbps.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

0345 172 0046 

Say "loyalty team" when asked why you are calling to get you straight through to the correct department.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi , is it only possible to contact loyalty team via phone & if so could you please post contact details.

Thanks

Susang2
Susang2
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi , is it only possible to contact loyalty team via phone & if so could you please post contact details.

Thanks

Susang2
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Susang2

Apologies for this.

If you contact our Loyalty Team then they can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Debbie,

then why would I receive the offer to upgrade to Fibre 65 when I cannot receive that service

Susang2
0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Susang2

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 14.3 and 12.9mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 11.6mb.

Your line is in sync at 40.7mb, this is above the predicted range for your line.

I would suggest contacting our Loyalty Team by phone so they can check/discuss the correct package.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi Susang2

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi Michelle,

not sure about receiving predicted speed range. If you could check please .

Thanks

Susang2
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 18

Morning Susan,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Were you provided with a predicted speed range for the line? If not then we can check this for you. We would just need to confirm some details first.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi paulshent,

rates are shown as  

Maximum Rate [Kbps]

Thanks

Susang2
0 Likes

paulshent
Community Star
Message 14 of 18

Hi. Lets cut to the chase.  Logon to your router and see what the maximum download rate is.  It could be up to 45Mbps.  If it shows no higher then your telephone line will not allow you to use fibre 65.   This happened to me. you can be sold fibre 65, but it does not mean your line can support it.

Logon to admin user on router. Password on rear of router.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 18

Ok, so you are definitely on Fibre 65 as your upload speed is well above 10 (which is the max you can get on Fibre 35). However your download speed is only very marginally above the Fibre 35 cap of 40mbps. Did TalkTalk tell you what your estimated speeds would be on Fibre 65, as I would not really have expected them to have made Fibre 65 available to you if your line was only capable of syncing at such a small amount over 40mbps.

Of course it may be that there is some issues with your line that is holding the speed back, if that is the case the staff here will be able to take a look at that for you when they are back tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Hi.          I have logged onto my router, currently showing 

Current speeds

Download: 40.7 Mbps

Upload: 16.5 Mbps       Has shown fibre 65 in my account from the day I signed up but feel no changes have been made technically
Susang2
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Susang2,

Are you able to log into 'My Account', that should show you the name of the package you are on.

If it says you are on Fibre 65 can you log into your router to check your sync speed, what sort of speeds does this show.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes