FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi tho connection has gone live

loraw9
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Today my new talktalk wifi was supposed to go live, this morning I set up the router at about 9 and just left it flashing amber. Theres been no change (its now 20 mins past 3) though I have received the email saying that my connection has gone live and that the wifi should be working. I then turned it off and on again at the wall but still no change, also spoke to live chat but wasn’t much help. The router will appear in the wifi settings and will connect but no wifi is available. Wondering if anyone has had this issue, and how long I will have to wait for the router to start flashing amber and white or just actually connect. Wifi is the Fibre 65 for reference. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi loraw9

I can see the service has gone live.  Are you experiencing any issues with the connection now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hiya @McCollum 

Glad to hear I’m not alone in this. Finally got thru to live chat after being told numerous times nothing was wrong with my connection or the service, finally told that talktalk has been having issues in my area for a few days now. Think I am going to look for another provider if its still blinking by this evening. Good luck!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

@McCollum, please see my reply to @loraw9 (above) for instructions to complete your community forum profile details. 

Also, you must start your own thread. Forum staff only reply to the original poster, and adding to their thread may delay staff reaching the issue for the original poster. 

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi

I'm having the same issue. My wifi was due to go live yesterday and like you left it blinking. I spoke to the Live chat this morning and apparently there is a delay which will be escalated on Monday and can take anything from 3-5 days to sort. Not a great start especially as I think I lose my current provider next week and work from home like a lot of people at the moment. 
I was also concerned it was an issue either my end or with the router but apparently not.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Turn the router off for a full 30 minutes. If all is well, it will start correctly on a new session after that, @loraw9.

For staff to identify your account, please add your Talktalk landline phone number to your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Chat is available if you scroll down to the link on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Keep trying, if it says it is busy. 

Phone help is on 03451 720046, today, not Sunday. 

Forum staff reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

loraw9
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Good morning, 

We left the router to blink last night with hopes that at midnight it would start working as I had been told numerous times, to no avail. We woke up this morning to the router still just blinking amber with no sign of change. Is the router faulty? Would very much appreciate some help as live chat is no longer available. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

If your go-live date is today, that is anytime up to midnight tonight. TalkTalk will not accept this as a fault until after then. So if it is still the same after then, please post back on here & TalkTalk will help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes