FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not achieving minimum guaranteed speed - Fibre65

Armstrong1794
Team Player
Message 48 of 48

Hi there

Moved into a new house around 4 weeks ago and have yet to achieve the guaranteed download speeds. All tests have been done using a desktop connected via ethernet with no other devices connected to the router.

I have tried resetting the router, turning it off for at least 30 minutes to reset fully, using the test socket on the master socket, replacing the old master socket with a new 5C Master Socket that has the MK4 faceplate and using the test socket on the new master socket - overall the download speed has increased from 26 to 31Mbps, which frankly isn't good enough.

I now believe the problem is external and requires an engineer visit but happy to hear any other suggestions I could try.

Current downstream and upstream:

Armstrong1794_0-1616533398441.png

Current router is the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub, firmware version SG4K10002816t. This is the same router used at our previous address where I consistently received 65+Mbps.

Thanks

Nick

47 REPLIES 47

Message 1 of 48

Morning,

Apologies, I'd recommend contacting our Loyalty Team directly as they will be able to advise on this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 48

Hi Debbie

I'm a bit disappointed the engineer didn't relay the information he said he would so it is on record. Oh well.

Out of curiosity, given that I haven't been reaching the guaranteed speeds since the beginning of March when this contract started, am I free to leave it without penalty should I wish to do so?

Thanks

Nick

0 Likes

Message 3 of 48

Hi Nick

The last engineer left notes to advise that all testing had been completed and the engineer had proved a working connectivity to the customer.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Armstrong1794
Team Player
Message 4 of 48

Hello

I think another engineer visit would be a bit futile given what I was told above?

Please can you confirm what the previous engineer reported back to TalkTalk on the problem?

Thanks

Nick

0 Likes

Message 5 of 48

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to arrange another engineer visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

Armstrong1794
Team Player
Message 6 of 48

Hi Debbie

Very minor improvements, perhaps around 1Mbps faster, still below what we should be getting.

Thanks

Nick

0 Likes

Message 7 of 48

Hi Nick

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Has there been any improvements since the engineer attended?

0 Likes

Armstrong1794
Team Player
Message 8 of 48

Hi Debbie

So the engineer came over and gave me a call to explain more about my area. He told us that unfortunately when the wiring was installed down our road the incorrect wire and method was used, hence the limiting speeds. Supposedly they (I assume open reach?) have been trying to get direct fibre in the area for the past twelve months. He said he'd relay the info to TalkTalk so I assume you have a full report on it.

I guess it's now a waiting game to see which ISP will install fibre first.

Thanks

Nick

0 Likes

Message 9 of 48

Hi Armstrong1794

I have arranged the engineer visit for 22/06 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 48

Hello

Any day next week except Monday is good, preferably AM but can do PM.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 48

Hello,

Ok, please can you provide some availability for next week AM and PM and we can arrange an engineer visit for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 48
Hello

I can't remember in all honesty. Yes, please arrange for another engineer visit - third time's the charm right?!

I don't suppose you know if there are any plans to roll out fibre direct to the home in my area in the near future? I am assuming there is something wrong the copper wire from the cabinet to our house.

Thanks
Nick
0 Likes

Message 13 of 48

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Did the engineer say what speeds they would expect to see for the line? Would you like us to arrange another engineer visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 48

I'll re-escalate this thread to make sure that it is still in the staff workflow, @Armstrong1794.

Please look out for their reply (Monday to Friday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 15 of 48

Hi Debbie

A month on and still not reaching the guaranteed minimum speeds.

Anything else you can do?

Nick

0 Likes

Message 16 of 48
Hi Debbie

Given it a good while since the engineer visited but unfortunately we haven't seen any performance increase. The engineer replaced a part that they thought might cause the issues but alas nothing has changed.

Thanks
Nick
0 Likes

Message 17 of 48

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 11/05 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 48
Hi Debbie

If it's a weekday then AM or PM is fine, if it's a weekend then PM only.

Thanks
Nick

Message 19 of 48

Hi Nick

Please can you provide further availability for this visit AM and PM?

I can then arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 48
Hi Debbie

Yes please.

Thanks
Nick