FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Fibre 65 speeds!

Fabio
Team Player
Message 24 of 24

Have recently made the switch from Fibre 35 to Fibre 65. Previously I was getting download speeds of 37mb but I only get 40mb. I feel this "improvement" is not satisfactory enough to justify the extra cost per month. The speed test is done over ethernet and the router was switched off for more than 30 minutes before running the test. I have the BT Openreach MK3 face plate installed if that helps. Why has my download only been increased by 3mb?! TalkTalk says Fibre 65 is available at my property so why am I not getting those speeds. Please help!

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

No, it's an Openreach engineer so it would be £65

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

This seems a bit more realistic. So if there is a charge it would be maximum £40 - is this correct?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

If the engineer finds the the slow speed are being caused by an issue on BT maintained equipment there would be no charge

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

This sounds like a TalkTalk problem, not mine. I am a paying customer and the service that I'm paying for is not being met. As I can see from these threads there are thousands of other unhappy customers. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

I'm sorry Fabio but we can't arrange the engineer visit unless you confirm that you accept potential engineer charges. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Chris, I absolutely DO NOT accept charges for an engineer visit! I will cancel my contract with TT and go to one of your competitors. Thanks for your "help" in the matter.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hi Fabio,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit then you'd need to accept potential engineer charges - please see Engineers charges, for details of when there would and wouldn't be a charge

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

If TalkTalk is paying for the engineer visit then please go ahead and arrange a visit, thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

OK, thanks for trying that. We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate the slow speeds, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Have tested the telephone service and everything is working as it should. There is no noise on the line either.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

If you could just check the line with a telephone that would be great. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi Chris

I'm not sure whether there is a problem with my telephone service as the line is purely for internet. Will borrow a phone so I can plug in and check. Is there anything else I can check in the meantime?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi Fabio,

Your sync speed is low (currently 41.5Mbps), are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Why am I not receiving the 53mb download which my line is clearly capable of receiving? It seems TT are capping my download speed. See figures above that justify this, also I am not that far from the cabinet (200m max)

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi Fabio

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

I have logged in to the router and have found these figures:

Downstream line rate (kbit/s):  43270

There is this I also found, which is quite a bit higher than the figure above:

Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):  54948

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

As @AllyM said, their marketing game is very strong! Unfortunately their speeds do not match their products!

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi i am only getting speeds of around 48mps with fibre 65!

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

"Fibre 65" is just a marketing term. The actual speed you will get depends on the quality/length of your line.

I actually got upgraded to Fibre 65 myself only yesterday (previously on ADSL) and I'm getting speeds nearer to the lower end of the predicted range.

Message 20 of 24

Hi Michelle,

This is taken from the email I received upon upgrading:

You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 37.3Mbps and 61.4Mbps

While my current speed falls in-between that range, this is on the lower end of the scale. The package that TalkTalk provides is called Fibre 65 - what I currently have, according to my speed is Fibre 40. I'm experiencing 20mb lower speeds than I should have and have been mis-sold a product.

0 Likes