FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Fibre 65 speeds!

Fabio
Team Player
Message 24 of 24

Have recently made the switch from Fibre 35 to Fibre 65. Previously I was getting download speeds of 37mb but I only get 40mb. I feel this "improvement" is not satisfactory enough to justify the extra cost per month. The speed test is done over ethernet and the router was switched off for more than 30 minutes before running the test. I have the BT Openreach MK3 face plate installed if that helps. Why has my download only been increased by 3mb?! TalkTalk says Fibre 65 is available at my property so why am I not getting those speeds. Please help!

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 21 of 24

Hi Fabio,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, were you provided with different predicted speeds when you upgraded?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 24

Hi @Skynet_TX

Thanks for your input. In the Service Centre the estimated speed is between 40mb - 49mb. I am currently at work so can't log in to the router but will do that this evening. The router firmware is up to date so I'm guessing the 40mb that I'm currently getting is the maximum? Still don't feel this is sufficient and have been misled by TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 23 of 24

Hi @Fabio,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.