FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting any increased speed since paying extra

timbrown
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

The fibre boost for an extra £5 per month has not made any difference- still getting a speed of 30.

Please can someone advise me.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Belladonna,

We recommend switching the router off for a full 30 minutes if the sync speed increases, however there is no increase in throughput speed. If you would like us to look into anything further for you then please can you create your own thread.

Thanks

0 Likes

Belladonna
First Timer
Message 2 of 13

Just about to go "fibre", (hopefully I have done the right thing) but I keep seeing "Power down your router for 30. Minutes" , If I find it's not faster, what does this mean?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Tim,

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Tim,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed this over to our Network Team now and we'll let you know as soon as we receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Yes it is Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Tim

Thank you. I've checked the connection stats again and I can see that the speed hasn't increased, apologies for this.

Is the router connected at the test socket? I can then escalate this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Ok Debbie, back on after 30 minutes 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi timbrown

Was the router powered down for a full 30 minutes and now been switched back on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Power switched off

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi timbrown

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes so we can check the speed after this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Michelle. Updated profile, thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi tim,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes