FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting promised speed, have been informed package reduced and price is same as previously

TommyD
Chat Champion
Message 16 of 16

I was connected yesterday. Now I have been informed they are removing the speed boost from my package, AND my connection has lost 20mb over night.

I made it VERY clear I need a much faster speed than what I am getting due to work (I work from home anyway, despite the current situation), I have the chat logs, and BT have said on multiple occasions that it is available in my area and they gave me a quote which talktalk said they would beat - which they also havent done. Again, I have the chat logs for all of this.

I want my line and account fixed, and I want the price I was promised or I am leaving and going with BT.

If this isnt answered by the end of play today I'm off. This is price gouging and blatent lying at its finest.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi

You can call our loyalty teams to arrange a cancellation however at present there are high call volumes.

If you do decide to cancel, please note that all other providers are not arranging to install services until June 1st.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 16

As @Karl-TalkTalk  has said, at point of sale when you agreed your contract, the Minimum Guaranteed Speed was 45 Mbps, so the speed will not be investigated unless it falls below that.

That's what you AGREED to, the estimated speed range is just that, the only promise is 45 Mbps.

As TT are providing the service according to the contract, it is unlikely TT will release you from the contract without penalty and as the main call centre has been closed by another government, getting any agreement may be very difficult.

If you wish to take service via the same infrastructure from another provider, just order from them and they will initiate the transfer, however you'll likely be hit with cancellation fees from TT.

However, the whole transfer/cancellation system is in a severe state of flux as BT Openreach who do the work are struggling with sickness and demand.

They are obviously prioritising critical infrastructure and vulnerable customers who have faults rather than installations.

So, if I were you, suck it up until the Covid emergency has subsided and be very thankful that you actually have a connection.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

I was promised more than this. How to I cancel my package and switch to someone else?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi

The minimum guaranteed at speed (thruput) at point of sale is 45mb so this is just above the minimum.

Unless the speeds drop any further we would be unable to log this to Openreach.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Thanks. Here's the test result :

TommyD_0-1585576638467.png

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi

The speed boost is still on your account, and your profile is correctly set at 80mb.

Can you run a wired speed test via https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/

We can then see thespeeds achieved.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 7 of 16

This is my 3rd response to this thread. Can you stop delelting them please? Ta.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 16

Hi TommyD,

I'm sorry for the delay and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can't see your current sync speed. Is the router currently switched on? Are you using the TalkTalk router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Also, it clearly states speed boost is with the package, which is being revoked.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

It was 67 'average'.

TommyD_0-1585231812502.png

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

There is no "thereabouts", the Minimum Guaranteed Speed is advised as part of the joining procedure and forms the basis on which a line can be classified as not performing to specification and gives you the "out" to leave.

What is the actual sync speed being reported by the router, that is what is important, speed tests are irrelevant.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

I was promised 62 (or there abouts). It was 50 last night and now its 30.

Please don't think I'm angry at you, I'm just frustrated as you can imagine.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

What was the Minimum Guaranteed Speed given to you when you signed up ?

NOT the estimated range.

If you current speed is above that, then your line is performing as per contract.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, being mis-sold something is illegal regardless. I have covid19, and am in quarantine, I have nothing else to occupy my time or speak to people. So someone not in quarantine with covid is less priority.

I need this not only to pay my bills but to keep my mental health above-board, I have ASD, MDD and am prone to psychosis. So someone without these conditions is a lower priority.

Yes I need this for work otherwise I lose my house, my wife and kid are on the streets. Again, someone without a wife and kids, has their house/rent covered during the outbreak, is less priority.

Its not a 'business' account, I vpn into work do my thing. If I could emphasise the enourmity of the situation I would, but I cant.

There isn't a priority assessment out there that wouldnt mark this as high. There are of course worse, I know that, but this trumps any and all everyday complaints.

So yes, in comparison to someone in a flat who has money or someone who can quite literally survive another few days with slower than expectred speeds due to current load, this is a priority. To boot, BT would have given me everything I needed. I went with talktalk with the promise of all of this, but its now all been revoked.

Again, I have all of the chat logs.

I made all of this very clear when taking them up on the offer I was given, which has basically already been downgraded and features revoked - it is unacceptable, more so without my knowledge.

Spoke to BT again today and they can offer me what I need, which I told talktalk about and they claimed they could beat it.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 15 of 16

Do you really think that in these troubled times you will get priority ?

If, as you say, you rely on this for business, then a home contract is not for you and if you ARE on a business contract, these are not supported on the forums.

0 Likes