FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving minimum speed after contract renewal with fibre speed boost.

smish
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

My last contract gave me a minimum guaranteed download speed of 35mb and an upload speed of 10mb. This was a faster fibre contract.

I have recently renewed this contract  March 18th 2018 and have been given a minimum download of 67mb and upload speed of 17-19mb. This is a faster fibre contract with fibre speed boost. for only £2 more.

I have talked to support a few times who have said they cannot see that the second contract is active on my account even though i have a confirmation email and one guy was trying to get me to agree to adding the fibre speed boost to my current contract.

Neal Patrick: That matches the reference number for your renewal. However, you're still on the standard fibre package only. If you wanted to improve your speed, though, I can help add in the Fibre Speed Boost at a £2.50 monthly rate for 18 months:

Edward scott: That's not what my order says
Neal Patrick: Can you elaborate, please? Would it have to do with thew email you were sent on the 2nd of February
Edward scott: No I was sent this email on the 18th of march
Edward scott: It also confirms I'm already paying for the fibre speed boost
Neal Patrick: We got no record of an email sent yesterday. Can you explain further
Edward scott: Not sure what to say Im looking at the copy of the email
Edward scott: That's where the reference code was from
Edward scott: N65897091
Neal Patrick: That matches with your renewal under your standard fibre plan for £25 monthly. If I were to add the Speed Boost, though, it's just an additional £2.50 to the total tariff. Is this alright?

The second person i spoke to did confirm that i should be seeing speeds of 70+ but that the fibre speed boost was not active:

Edward Scott: can you tell me what speeds you would expect me to get?
Pauline: The speed should range from 72 and 73.6 mbps. Can I just confirm the mobile number? This is for reference.

Edward Scott: But now that you have confirmed that i should be seeing speeds of 70+ maybe it activated overnight
Pauline: I can see that Faster Fibre is active but you don't have a fibre speed boost.

Edward Scott: Oh ok...but you still think i should be getting speeds of 70+
Pauline: Yes.

When i run a speed check at home i'm seeing speeds of 36.3 / 9.08 so clearly something is wrong here.

Now personally i'm assuming that the new speeds will go active as of the first date of my new bill after the renewal but i've tried to check this and am getting conflicting information and if I'm supposed to be getting speeds of 70+ even though the fibre speed boost is not active anyway what am i paying for the boost for...

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

If this is not in My Account you can Live Chat with our customer teams and they can add this manually directly to the account.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

So just so i'm sure even though the boost says it is active on the email confirmation i received it is not actually active?

And with that boost I will get the increased speed to 69+ from 35.

Where do i go to activate this boost on my account I can't see the option.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

I can see you have recently renewed the contract.  Checking on your account, there is no speed boost active.  The contract has been renewed for 18months with a discount applied.

No fibre boost has been selected or added. 

You can add the fibre boost via My Account or by chatting to our customer services, and I can see that this has been offered for £2.50 recently.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Done

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes