FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCE HELP:: Today is my faster fibre upgrade day

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Message 18 of 18

my phone line was cut off at 10am    the green lights on my hg633 router went off on broadband and internet   stayed on power and wifi     phone line came back on at 1138   turned off router for 32 mins  turned it back on 1210   all 4 green lights came back on     but the speed is just as it was for basic fast broadband still saying my speed is 12  which is in the range 5 -16  just as its been for last 2 years      seems I am still on basic broadband and not fibre    how do I get my guaranteed speed of 35      all I got in the post was letter  speed guarantee and terms   so still using hg 633 router I was given february 2018      HELP PLEASE ASAP   thanks patrick

ADDITIONAL INFO   Its almost 0230 tuesday morning and nothings changed its 14 1/2 hours since phone was reconnected and still stuck on ADSL its as if engineer has connected me back to adsl again, shut down router at 1817 last night restarted at 1848 turned laptop wifi off then connected by ethernet cable all readings same all green ticks on service status speed range 5-16 speed.  to router 12 all as normal for last contract    what has happened please get back to me asap need this sorted it has not gone well at all   thank you

0800 today just had a text from talktalk saying line test done looks ok check home setup I have already read that and agree with them thats how it is everything is working fine except only getting speed of 12 to router adsl speed before and after upgrade to faster fibre has engineer done it properly do you have to auto adjust router at your end?? This set up has been ok all through last year no set up changes were needed

One concern is ordered fibre 16 days ago not a single email or text received since  to say upgrade to fibre completed

Just gone into router settings again today tuesday 10am  this must be the problem says auto setting   current connection type ADSL   line standard ADSL2+.  As I keep saying still on fast broadband adsl.  Not upgraded to faster fibre.  As router settings show

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi paja32,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Thanks for the PM, I've passed this over to our Order Management team, I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi paja32,

Sorry there's nothing further at the moment. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details, I'll then ask our order management team to take a look at this for you 

Chris

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Bumping thread for wednesdays check for any update on delayed upgrade to faster fibre

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi paja32,

There's nothing further at the moment, if you could bump the thread tomorrow we can check again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi paja32,

Sorry, there are no further updates yet, I'll check again later 

Chris

0 Likes

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 18

morning OCE CHRIS    requesting my UPDATE for the postponed(on 10/8) faster fibre UPGRADE thank you

1615 Monday nothing has been done today no disconnections in advance of upgrade by open reach.  I need a new latest update of when upgrade will be done please

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi paja32,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 18

Hi paja32,

I have sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further 

Thanks 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

@paja32 I have merged your topics to avoid any confusion.

Message 11 of 18

Good idea to just wait for a reply and then update them as part of your response,  or, alternatively, you can edit your original post. The options appear if you click on the three dots upper right above your posts.

😊

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Message 12 of 18

1st thing I done all correct still same number

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Your HG633 is fully compatible with fibre.

Have you checked that your phone number is still correct ?

Dial 17070

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 18

tks for info  wanted to let them know about router readings  what should I have done just replied to my original post?  it was info I need to say so how should you do that them instead of sitting on important info

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Please wait until midnight, as mentioned here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Today-if-my-faster-fibre-upgrade-day/m-p/2598039

Don't keep opening new threads, @paja32. Staff will reply from oldest to newest and there is a queue, so it really doesn't help move things on by opening a fresh thread. 

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Message 16 of 18

further to my post  been into router details says still line std  ADSL+2   c c type ADSL

so not been put on fibre

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

It can take till midnight to take effect,  @paja32.