FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCE please PM me. Like to send you a chat transcript for review.

davecm
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 13

Wasted 2 lots of 2 hours on 2 separate days being passed between sales and better value chat teams.

Intend to port my existing landline number to a VOIP service, which would cancel my existing services, for which the contract ends on 13th July. VOIP would go live at same time.

I asked for a new contract for Fibre 65, not actually intending to use the new landline number at all, but you have to have it anyway, and could be useful as a back-up.

Sales mistakenly created an order for an Openreach new line installation, which was then cancelled by TT and Openreach when they realised their error.

I have been allocated a new account number and landline number, not yet active, as order was to take effect on 13th July. Can provide details if required.

S.A. chat sales and better value teams are both unable to create a new and correct order for Fibre 65 on my new account number.

Where do we go from here? BT, Plusnet, Shell, Vodafone?

Please restore what little remains of my faith in Talktalk and sort this out.

Windows, Android, Synology NAS
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi davecm

I will ask the question,  but I'm sure that you can use your own router. 

Ill let you know.

Message 2 of 13

Hi Arne. Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like they have now done what is required. Fingers crossed for 13th July.

I am trying to get ahead of the game in preparation for FTTP whose arrival is imminent in my road. The Talktalk FTTP hardware options (Sagemcom router with phone port, or Eero + Grandstream HT801 ATA) would not work for me as the Sagemcom router won't work in bridge mode with my own wi-fi 6 router. The Eero has only one ethernet port and I need 4 or 5.
I bought my own Grandstream HT801 which connects to my own router for VOIP. Also a Huawei Openreach modem which uses only bridge mode, to use as a short term solution. That all works fine.
When FTTP is installed, I should be able to simply connect the Openreach FTTP ONT via ethernet to the WAN port on my own router. I believe that no login credentials are required and the router should be set to dynamic IP for Talktalk, as it is now.
Are you, or another forum member, able to confirm that last bit, or obtain confirmation from the Future Fibre team? I did speak to them, but their knowledge did not seem to extend beyond the Sagemcom or Eero solutions.

David

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi davecm

I can see the new order (different landline number) going ahead for the 13th and the old number is ceasing on the 13th. 

In relation to My Account it will actually still be the same login details as its the same account number, the new email address had to be used to put the sale through.  

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Thanks for your reply. The chat transcript demonstrates that the SA customer service teams don't know how to move a subscriber from an existing contract whose expiry will coincide with porting their landline number to another provider, thereby terminating their broadband, to a new Talktalk broadband contract with a new phone number. Or possibly that the chat teams don't have sufficient access to the necessary online systems to make the changes, and the phone team does.
I appreciate that this is probably not a common requirement, but it took 3 attempts on 2 chat and 1 phone sessions, taking a total of around 5 hours to get it done. The phone agent managed to do it eventually, but I had to repeat my requirements 4 or 5 times and explain step by step what she needed to do over an hour long phone call.
I had to create a new email address, as she was unable to create a new contract for an existing customer using the existing email address. Bizarrely though, I am able to log into my online account using my original email address, and in the same account can view both the old and new contract details with their end and start dates. So hopefully my landline number will be ported away, and my broadband will continue without a break in service on 13th July. That's not a Friday the 13th fortunately 🙂
If I attempt to log in using the new email address I was asked to create, the password doesn't work, the send an email login link doesn't work, so it looks as though the correct changes have been made on my existing account. You may be able to confirm that.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

@davecm I can find the chat transcript and feed it back to the managers, in relation to your question fergusons answer would have been my response.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 13

You will need to connect your router to the ONT via Ethernet,  the length of the connecting cable is not an issue of course. That would be a matter for yourself to resolve though, I doubt that an installation will include extended cabling, all the guidance suggests that the equipment needs to be co-located. Whether the ONT can be connected to the router via PLAs is an interesting question, but you may do better to ask that directly of the Future Fibre support team.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

I know that. If you saw what was in the chat transcript, and you worked for TT, you would not want it shared. I want to draw attention to a staff training need.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

One question you could possibly answer on the forum.

When FTTP is installed, probably only weeks away, does the installation include running an ethernet cable from the outside wall where the ONT has to go, to the opposite side of the room where my existing landline master socket and router are located. Router cannot be moved as it's connected via ethernet to several devices, some of which are also connected to HDMI TV and home cinema cables embedded in the wall.
If not, would a powerline adaptor work at 500Mbits?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 13

The support team don't generally deal with posters by PM, if they did they would doubtless be inundated.

I am not sure why you don't want to share the detail of your issue here, perhaps you could just give us the gist of it?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Could you please send me a PM, that I can reply to privately, and advise how I can get a SA sales and better value team chat transcript to you. Can provide a download link to a pdf if needed. Thanks. Don't want to share the transcript with the forum.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13
0 Likes

davecm
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 13

An update. After spending a 3rd hour today on the phone to sales, they seem to have finally understood my intentions, after explaining it 4 or 5 more times, and tell me they have created a second new account and an order for Fibre 65, with no Openreach new line installation, effective on the end date of my current contract. Confirmation that they have got it right this time would be appreciated.

If anyone at Talktalk would like to see the 2 hour chat transcript to inform the much-needed training and quality assurance process, I'd be happy to provide it.

Update 2. Confirmation email for new contract has arrived, and now finally looks to be correct on the 3rd attempt. 😀
However I now fully appreciate why the company chose the name Talktalk. A rather strange name for an ISP don't you think?

You can talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, to Talktalk, for hours on end, via chat or on the phone, and get absolutely nowhere.
I also have several more multi-hour chat transcripts since the start of this year.
1) Trying to get a faulty router replaced, eventually with success after hours of chat.
2) Trying to get a landline fault fixed which took several weeks and hours of chat talk talk talking to Talktalk.
3) Trying to get the "automatic" compensation for the landline outage, which failed to be applied automatically. It was eventually applied manually after an OCE intervention.