FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-going poor, intermittent internet connection

Joe1232
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

For many years, we have had on-going problems with phone and internet connections. Some time ago we were persuaded by TalkTalk to change to Fibre, having been reassured this would resolve the problems, however this has not been the case and problems continue. Most recently:

February 2020 - no internet or phone line which took over a week to resolve.

March/April 2020 - Reported internet connection constantly dropping out and extremely poor download and upload - new router sent out.

The new router made a small difference, although download speed is still only around 5 or 6 and at times even slower. Initially, on connecting the router, the connection is stable, but after a period of time becomes intermittent and eventually drops completely. We reset the router, but the cycle continues. This happens regularly throughout the day. For example on Saturday 2nd May, over a period of 2 1/2 hours it happened approximately 8 times.

04/05/2020 - this morning I have tried to contact TalkTalk to say that we are still having problems and that the fault is NOT fixed, but I have been met with various automated phone messages, initially confirming I have just reported a fault and it will be investigated, and then that the fault is being looked into. AT NO POINT have I been able to say, or report, that the fault is a LONG-TERM ON-GOING FAULT - IT IS NOT A NEW FAULT REPORTED TODAY. I would greatly appreciate talking to a Customer Service Adviser to discuss the way forward. Thank you for any help you can give me with this.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

StevenM1
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi, 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Steve
0 Likes