FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One PC slowing whole network down

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 23 of 23

Hi

I have three Windows 10 PCs and other things on my network. The PCs are all using USB wifi adapters to connect.

However when one particular PC is connected to the network, the whole network grinds to a standstill. I have tried two different network adapters, and the effect is the same with both.

I have checked for other wifi signals which might be conflicting, but there are only 2 very low powered signals to be seen and no channel conflicts.

I would welcome any suggestions to work out what is going on.

Retired the 11 years old Dell, new one is an Inspiron 3881 running Windows 10 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 21 of 23

Hello again

I downloaded both the Wireshank instructions and the Wireshank software to USB stick, and took it to the offending computer. Installed the software with the wifi adapter disconnected. Rebooted the PC.

Installed the wifi adapter, ready to monitor the behaviour, and produce a trace file.

Now unable to replicate the fault! If it recurs I will come back here with news.

Retired the 11 years old Dell, new one is an Inspiron 3881 running Windows 10 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 22 of 23

As you have tried a known good WiFi adapter from another PC, the next stage will involve taking a Wireshark trace on this PC.

I have attached my guide on taking & saving Wireshark traces. Once I have the trace, I will analyse it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes