FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online gaming

Rowe1701
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

Why is your service so bad for playing online games? I upgraded to the maximum you can provide, I'm on a wired connection, WiFi optimisation was turned off which seemed to help for a short while, but it just seems to be getting worse and worse. It's getting to the point the game is unplayable. I'll get about 10min a day where it feels I'm in sync with everyone else, for the rest of the time I'm 2 sec behind. Any suggestions? I know people with worse download and upload then me who don't have this issue.

Adam Rowe
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi,

Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router directly to the test socket for at least 48hrs so we can check again to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed?

Thanks

Message 2 of 5

After running multiple speed checks I can't get the download speed better then about 28mbps. Ment to be getting closer to 50?

Adam Rowe
0 Likes

Rowe1701
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 5

15979215629342317375768798280874.jpg

15979217346943226699575716959878.jpg

Adam Rowe
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi Rowe1701,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now.

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Please can you run a wired ping and trace route the next time you experience this issue and post the results into the thread and we can take a look.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks