cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Open Reach has updated fibre availability for my property when will i be able to place an order?

ANSWERED
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this and I've re-escalated this now.

Thanks

stephenmaxted
Team Player

Thank you. 

Last night there were dropouts again. One at 8:56 pm and another at 9:13 pm

This does need sorting, preferably by the supply of cable broadband.

stephenmaxted
Team Player

I have had another drop out since 1 pm today which lasted several minutes.

This is becoming impossible. I need a reliable service.

OCE_Chris

Hi stephenmaxted,

Connection appears to have been stable over the weekend, has it been OK at your end?

Chris

stephenmaxted
Team Player

I have just checked the 'time up' report in my router and at 11:10am this morning is said "time up 2 days 21hrs 43 mins" so there must have been a drop out early on Friday.

OCE_Chris

OK thanks, could you bump the thread in a couple of days and we'll see how you're getting on

Chris

stephenmaxted
Team Player

Thank you. I will keep an eye on the reports in the router and update you.

stephenmaxted
Team Player

I am continuing to have problems. I have just done a speed test and recorded 3.5Mbps download and 0.5Mbps upload at just before 7am with no other activity in our household.

I had a brief drop out last night at just before 21:15

This is simply not good enough!

OCE_Chris

Hi Stephen,

This is the last reconnections showing in the authentication logs - 10/03/2021 11:19

I can see that your speed test results have been around 8Mbps since the one recorded at 3.5Mbps, is your service generally been OK over the weekend?

Chris

stephenmaxted
Team Player

I had 'drop out' while streaming Amazon Prime video at approx 7:30pm on Sunday evening.

stephenmaxted
Team Player

As a result of the drop-outs and slow speeds we experience from time to time my wife and I no longer have confidence that we can rely on our broadband connection to work adequately.

We need a service in which we can have confidence

OCE_Chris
stephenmaxted
Team Player

No, because I was in a different room.

OCE_Chris

There's no disconnections showing since the one on the 10th and the error count has been low. Could I ask what device you were streaming Amazon Prime on and how it connects to the router?

Chris

stephenmaxted
Team Player

Streaming was via Huawei model DN372T YouView box supplied by TalkTalk. The connection is wired using TP-Link AV600 2-Port Powerline Adapter 

OCE_Chris

Did you notice if any other devices lost their connection to the internet at the same time?

Chris

stephenmaxted
Team Player

Unfortunately I have no idea what was happening to other devices at that time.

OCE_Chris

OK thanks, did you get an error message when the streaming was interrupted or did it just buffer? Did you have to do anything to restart the streaming or did it just restart itself?

Chris

stephenmaxted
Team Player

I needed to leave the programme and go back to the app and say 'resume'. This is not a simple buffering problem with the prog restarting itself.

There was a 'something went wrong' message but I can't remember the code or if there was one on this last occasion.