FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach poor workmanship

Roadmender
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

I wonder if you can help me. Recently Openreach put fibre cables into our village. they put a cable from a pole down our lane underground to my house. The engineer never put a guard over the cable coming down the pole which was left loose. He said he did not have one with him and would be back, he did not come back. This cable consequently got entangled with the growing hedging that surrounds the pole and when the hedging was cut (not by me) the cable got damaged. the other cable as you can see has a guard over it.

I’ve been In touch with Openreach who came out looked at it and said it’s my provider who should log this in, but I explained the engineer never finished the work correctly and is his fault. he said this is the only was he could repair it and off he went !!! I cannot shift them from this bonkers position. Can you report it for me?

Roadmender_0-1632670871074.jpeg

Roadmender
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

I've just run a quick test on the line to see if this picks up any line issues, however this is clear and the connection stats look ok. Can I just confirm, is this pole inside or outside your property? Are you experiencing any issues with the connection? As the line test is clear then the only option we have is to arrange an appointed engineer visit to the property. If you would like to go ahead with this then we can confirm some details with you first.

Thanks

0 Likes

Roadmender
Team Player
Message 2 of 9

Dear Karl, I am fully aware of the part Openreach is to the Network ! 

I am absolutely amased and dumbfounded at the logic of your reasoning Karl.

Yes I reported it to Openreach via web site plus a telephone contact and talked to and engineer in person on site !!!!!!!!.

As said previously an engineer came and looked at it and because the installation of the cable is a different department from the repairs department he could not do it ( ridiculous ) he considered the installation complete even though the engineer never put a guard on the cable and left it loose and consequently it got damaged. ! He and his manager told me to get my provider to report it to get it done. So if they won't do anything until TT reports it as they advised me to tell you and you say you won't report it as per their advice  then it will never get repaired, thanks to the intransigent of both parties.

How is it when things go wrong with telephones lines  it always becomes a nightmare to correct.

I have just sent your reply to OR and photographed their response from the online chat.

I can send you the full chat if you require on personal message, then you can reply to me with why you won't report it as they have requested.

Roadmender_0-1633195798382.jpeg

Roadmender_1-1633195829158.jpeg

Roadmender_2-1633195880372.jpeg

OR said they could sent someone to put a guard on the loose damaged cable but not repair it. now that's what I call good working practice 😞

Roadmender
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

You have to remember that Openreach are an individual company that own part of the networtk and supply to many providers.

We are customers of openreach just as you are, and we cannot make them do anything, we have no contol over them.  We can report an issue for an individual customer that is service affecting and have this repaired however if damage is flagged to any openreach equipment, cabinets or poles etc, we would report this via their website just as you have done.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 9

As Karl said TalkTalk can only report issues directly affecting an individual customer. If it is not affecting your service in any way then they have nothing to report. It does seem most unsatisfactory that Openreach seem to be washing their hands of this. Perhaps you could try reporting it to your local council? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Done that. If you read my message I've been there, I had in fact been on the phone with them for over an hour plus had a meeting with a engineer at the pole, it was like talking to a brick wall. they don't accept its their problem. in fact they only buried it 300mm deep in the ground ! they then didn't think they should reinstate the mess they made. That took four visits from their management to resolve. they also didn't tell the council they were digging up the verge. (which is a statuary obligation) They are the worst company I have ever dealt with and that is saying something. Simplest option seems to be for TT to report it to get it done.

Roadmender
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 9

Hi Roadmender

Any customer can report damage to Openreach plant equipment via the Openreach website.

As a Service Provider, we can only report a customer issue to them if this is sefvice affecting. If your services are working as normal any report would then be rejected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

bigkenny
Problem Solver
Message 7 of 9

This will be fun and games seeing how this develops 🙂

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

If it is Openreach work gone wrong then you can report it to them directly:

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety