FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach says TT have no Fibre equipment in our exchange ?????

Roadmender
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

08/04/21 After a visit by Openreach over installing Fibre cable, (whole village is getting wired up) he asked when was I going to get connected. I explained I can’t because TT don’t do an alternative to landline over fibre VOIP and I need the landline for health reasons, mobile signal here is awful and being on a contract will have to wait sometime before I can change providers.
He said TalkTalk can’t do fibre here anyway  as there is no equipment in the exchange Withernsea).
TalkTalk tells me its fibre to the cabinet then copper.
Question:
So as I’m supposedly on a contract for Fibre35 what’s going on, TT say fibre to cabinet, he says TT have no equipment to operate fibre, answers please ?

Roadmender
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Roadmender,

Thanks for confirming. This is correct, we don't currently offer a voice service with FTTP, however it is something that we are looking into for the future. I'm not sure which exchanges are in the process of being upgraded, however it would be worth registering your interest on our Future Fibre Hub page as we will then contact you as soon as this become available.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for reply, Yes he was.

1. I'm aware the max for copper cable is 76mb from a cabinet and that it is piggy backed on BT's equipment. Also if one had fibre with TT to the property they loose the landline because of the lack of equipment in an exchange.
  2. Question: Does TT intend to equip the exchange (Withernsea) so any TT customer who wishes to up grade to fibre to the property can do so or is that years away?

Roadmender
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Was the engineer referring to Fibre to the Property rather than Fibre to the Cabinet? I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks good. What speeds are you currently seeing if you run a speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes